19 Mar 2018, Edition - 979, Monday
- J&K minister opposes anti-encroachment drive; J&K minister pelts stones during demolition drive
- All opportunities being diverted to Gujarat. Nothing is given for Maharashtra by the central govt, says MNS chief Raj Thackeray
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launches a direct hotline to the state CM’s office
- MNS workers vandalise shops, assault cabs in Vasai area, near Mumbai.
- After nothing was allocated in the Finance bill, I decided that TDP is not going to be in alliance with the NDA govt: AP CM Chandrababu Naidu
- Lok Sabha adjourned for the second time in two hours. Will be adjourned till Tuesday.
- Shyama Prasad Mukherjee’s name plate vandalised in Presidency University, Kolkata
- Supreme Court asks Centre to visit Rohingya refugee camps after lawyer filed PIL alleging human rights violations at the camps.
- Union Minister Jitendra Singh says there is nothing to fear if non-confidence motion is moved against the government.
- Morally, BJP govt has failed in fulfilling the promises made to the state of AP, says Congress party’s Renuka Chowdhury
Rs.12 lakh snatched from realtor
Covai Post Network
August 25, 2015
An unidentified person today robbed a realtor of Rs.12 lakh when he was about to enter his car in Karamadai.
Palanisamy (59), hailing from Mettupalayam, was opening the door to enter his car, after withdrawing Rs.12 lakh from a bank in Karamadai, when a person suddenly came from behind and snatched the bag containing the money, police said.
Even before Palanisamy could react, the thief escaped with his accomplice, who was waiting on a motorcycle.
Police are viewing the CCTV footage kept in the bank, to find out whether any person was closely watching Palanisamy’s movement, they said.