21 Mar 2018, Edition - 981, Wednesday
- J&K: 2 cops and 2 Army jawans martyred in Kupwara encounter; 4-5 terrorists still holed up
- Sensex closed 139.42 points or 0.42% higher at 33,136.18 after rising as much as 350 points during intraday high
- Both telcos are locked in a fierce battle for subscribers and need to invest in expanding their 4G network
- The ₹ 6 Lakh reward will be part of the revised ‘Rehabilitation Policy for Militants
- 15-year-old girl student commits suicide at her home on Tuesday by hanging herself from a ceiling fan
- Maharashtra: 5 men linked to ISIS terror outfit arrested by ATS; plot to target Bodhgaya foiled.
- DMK’s Stalin writes to CMs of 10 states, demanding fiscal autonomy for states
- Former Maharashtra CM Sushilkumar Shinde speaks on Congress’ U-turn on Lingayats
- Disruption in Lok Sabha leads to the house being adjourned for the day
- Ceasefire violations at an all-time high as Pak has violated ceasefire 600 times in nearly 2 months
Search in sand merchant’s premises ends
Covai Post Network
November 11, 2017
Income Tax officials, who were carrying out search on sand merchant M. Arumugasamy for the last two days, completed the search on Saturday.
The sleuths, who searched the commercial complex belonging to Arumugasamy reportedly got some important documents from there, police said.
The officials carried out searches in his house and complex for more than 56 hours.
Meanwhile, the search in the Green Tea Estate (Curzon Estate) said to be bought by former Chief Minister Jayalalithaa and her aide V.K. Sasikala some five years ago in Nilgiris was going on for the last three days, police said.