22 Oct 2018, Edition - 1196, Monday
- PMO summons CBI Chief and Special Director
- Asthana, who is number two in the CBI’s hierarchy, has been booked in a bribery case by the agency in Moin Qureshi graft probe
- Supreme court will take the decision on the hearing of 19 review Petition in Sabarimala case tomorrow
- PIL has been submitted for CBI inquiry in Amritsar incident, approval awaited
- Earthquake of magnitude 3.0 hit Himachal Pradesh’s Kinnaur at 9:11 am today
- My government fixing one family’s mistakes, giving credit to leaders like Bose: PM Modi
- CBI chief trying to frame me, special director Rakesh Asthana wrote to CVC
- Government plans exam to recruit 6,000 judges for lower courts
- Petrol pump owners are on a 24-hour strike in New Delhi
Siddaramaiah’s effigy burnt
Covai Post Network
September 14, 2016
Thanjavur: The activists of the Thamizhaga Makkal Munnetra Kazhagam (TMMK) burned the effigy of Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah in Thanjavur today, condemning the violence and attacks on Tamilians by Kannada fanatics in the state.
Led by TMMK district secretary Thiaga S Kamaraj, the activists raised slogans and demonstrated in front of the railway station in Thanjavur and then burned Siddaramaiah’s effigy.
The protesters urged the Centre and the Karnataka government to ensure the safety of Tamilians in Karnataka and arrest the hooligans behind the violence.