24 May 2018, Edition - 1045, Thursday
- 6 women officers of the Indian Navy, who successfully circumnavigated the globe on INSV Tarini met PM Modi
- Case has been filed against Kamal Haasan and Vaiko for violating Section 144
- Indian Air Force Cheetah helicopter crash-lands in Natha Top in Jammu and Kashmir
- NHRC takes cognizance of Tuticorin violence, issues notice to Tamil Nadu Chief Secretary and DGP
- The Madras High Court directed Vedanta to stop the construction of the second unit of Sterlite copper smelter plant
- Tamil Nadu government forms judicial commission to probe Tuticorin violence
- J&K: Grenade attack in Bijbehara as 7 civilians were injured
- MHA has sought a report from Tamil Nadu Government on the violence in Tuticorin
- Mudarai HC stays expansion of Sterlite copper smelter plan
- US President Donald Trump warned that his landmark summit with Kim Jong Un may not take place as planned
Skill training programme
Covai Post Network
August 28, 2015
A special district-level committee has been formed by the state government to evaluate the proposals submitted by the skill training partners to the Tamil Nadu Skill Development Corporation (TNSDC).
The Tirupur district committee will have the district collector of Coimbatore as its chairperson. Among its members is A. Shaktivel of the Tirupur Exporters’ Association.
TNSDC, the nodal agency for all the skill training programmes organized by the state government, will identify the district-wise training institutes and proposals most suited for the district and take steps to implement them.