• Download mobile app
08 Jul 2020, Edition - 1821, Wednesday

Trending Now

  • ‘Low interest rate regime critical for survival of banks’, says K V Kamath.
  • . Arvind Kejriwal asks Health Secy to share detailed analysis of factors behind COVID-19 deaths in Delhi.
  • 3 lakh Indian students stare at uncertainty after new US visa rule.
  • Rahul Gandhi claims government has failed on three counts including COVID-19.
  • India reports spike of 24,248 new COVID-19 cases and 425 deaths; count nears 7 lakh mark.
  • Kanpur encounter probe: Reward for information on gangster Vikas Dubey has been increased from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 2.5 lakh.

Coimbatore

‘State yet to utilise potential in tourism sector’

Covai Post Network

Tamil Nadu has not utilised its full potential in the tourism sector, according to Sreevats Sanjay, Regional Director, India Tourism.

“Despite being number one in tourist arrivals, the business has not improved much in the State,” he said.

Addressing the Chera Region Stakeholders meet of Tamil Nadu Travel Mart, Sreevats said the main aim of the mart was to market the destinations as a whole. “Tamil Nadu is just not a land of temples. It has many facets,” he said.

The four-day Tamil Nadu Travel Mart beginning here on October 12, would see the participation of international and domestic players in the field. “The idea is inspired from Kerala Travel Mart, which has improved the tourism industry in Kerala. Bloggers and writers will be attending the mart and they will be taken on a tour across the State,” he said.

There are four region in TTM – Chera, Chola, Pallava and Pandya.

S. Sunder, Secretary of Tamil Nadu Travel Mart Society said the main aim of the TTM was to improve footfall in Tamil Nadu. “Travel and tourism business in the State is at 45 per cent now. The mart will help tap the remaining 55 per cent”, he said.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

COIMBATORE WEATHER