15 Aug 2018, Edition - 1128, Wednesday
- Minister of State for Home unfurls the tricolour at Manali
- Twitter suspends far-right conspiracy theorist Alex Jones from its platform for one week
- 2016 National Teacher of the Year Jahana Hayes could be Connecticut’s first black Democrat in Congress
- J&K police files FIR against patriots for attempting to unfurl Tricolour
- Rifleman Aurangzeb to be honoured
- Major Aditya and rifleman Aurangzeb are likely to be honoured with the prestigious Shaurya Chakra gallantry award
- England cricketer Ben Stokes cleared of assault charges
- Major Aditya likely to get Shaurya Chakra
- Coal Scam Case: Naveen Jindal and others summoned by the court on 15th Nov
- Mega online heist by hackers in Pune, cyber attack on cosmos bank in Pune, hackers siphon off Rs 94 cr from bank
Steps in place to check epidemic outbreak: Minister
Covai Post Network
December 2, 2017
Steps have been taken to prevent the possibleoutbreak of any epidemic in the rain-affected areas in Kanyakumari district, according to Tamil Nadu Health Minister Dr C Vijayabhaskar.
Department officials are taking all necessary steps in areas such as Kanyakumari, Tirunelveli and Tuticorin, Vijayabhaskar told reporters here.It was also decided to send teams of mobile doctors to Kanyakumari district to prevent the spread of epidemics, he said. Ministers, legislators, bureaucrats and government staff were involved in rescue and relief operations in these areas.
An amount of Rs 282 crore had been sanctioned through the Japan International Cooperation Agency to Coimbatore Medical College Hospital, the minister said, adding that Rs 15 crore had been allocated for buying new equipment for cancer treatment.