25 May 2018, Edition - 1046, Friday
- This will be the prime minister’s first official visit to Indonesia and his second official visit to Singapore
- The Sunanda Pushkar death case has been transferred to the Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate
- JUST IN: Sunanda Pushkar’s murder case adjourned to 28th May
- 3 days later, Tamil Nadu CM EPS surfaces, shocking: CM won’t condemn police firing, not a word for the Tuticorin victims
- Thirteen people were killed in the police firing in the two days of clashes
- Biennial elections to Maha Legislative Council results: BJP wins 2 seats, NCP 1
- Power supply of sterlite plant disconnected, T.N govt disconnects power supply, cut due to non compliance of rules
- Extortion threats to 12 U.P MLAs, demand: Pay up Rs 12 lakh each, Intel agencies begin probe
Steps in place to check epidemic outbreak: Minister
Covai Post Network
December 2, 2017
Steps have been taken to prevent the possibleoutbreak of any epidemic in the rain-affected areas in Kanyakumari district, according to Tamil Nadu Health Minister Dr C Vijayabhaskar.
Department officials are taking all necessary steps in areas such as Kanyakumari, Tirunelveli and Tuticorin, Vijayabhaskar told reporters here.It was also decided to send teams of mobile doctors to Kanyakumari district to prevent the spread of epidemics, he said. Ministers, legislators, bureaucrats and government staff were involved in rescue and relief operations in these areas.
An amount of Rs 282 crore had been sanctioned through the Japan International Cooperation Agency to Coimbatore Medical College Hospital, the minister said, adding that Rs 15 crore had been allocated for buying new equipment for cancer treatment.