21 Mar 2018, Edition - 981, Wednesday
- J&K: 2 cops and 2 Army jawans martyred in Kupwara encounter; 4-5 terrorists still holed up
- Sensex closed 139.42 points or 0.42% higher at 33,136.18 after rising as much as 350 points during intraday high
- Both telcos are locked in a fierce battle for subscribers and need to invest in expanding their 4G network
- The ₹ 6 Lakh reward will be part of the revised ‘Rehabilitation Policy for Militants
- 15-year-old girl student commits suicide at her home on Tuesday by hanging herself from a ceiling fan
- Maharashtra: 5 men linked to ISIS terror outfit arrested by ATS; plot to target Bodhgaya foiled.
- DMK’s Stalin writes to CMs of 10 states, demanding fiscal autonomy for states
- Former Maharashtra CM Sushilkumar Shinde speaks on Congress’ U-turn on Lingayats
- Disruption in Lok Sabha leads to the house being adjourned for the day
- Ceasefire violations at an all-time high as Pak has violated ceasefire 600 times in nearly 2 months
Steps in place to check epidemic outbreak: Minister
Covai Post Network
December 2, 2017
Steps have been taken to prevent the possibleoutbreak of any epidemic in the rain-affected areas in Kanyakumari district, according to Tamil Nadu Health Minister Dr C Vijayabhaskar.
Department officials are taking all necessary steps in areas such as Kanyakumari, Tirunelveli and Tuticorin, Vijayabhaskar told reporters here.It was also decided to send teams of mobile doctors to Kanyakumari district to prevent the spread of epidemics, he said. Ministers, legislators, bureaucrats and government staff were involved in rescue and relief operations in these areas.
An amount of Rs 282 crore had been sanctioned through the Japan International Cooperation Agency to Coimbatore Medical College Hospital, the minister said, adding that Rs 15 crore had been allocated for buying new equipment for cancer treatment.