December 6, 2017
Some people think, designing a house is a cake walk. Get the furniture, the drapes, some wall hangings, some flowers,vases and that’s it, the house is done. But unfortunately, it isn’t that easy. It takes planning, thought and design aesthetics to do up a place. Transforming an ordinary space to make it look beautiful and classy, it takes much more than money. Yes, a good eye to select the right stuff for your house is as important as placing them right. While designing one needs to know that sometimes the smallest of things make the greatest impact. It could be the addition of a mirror, a painting, a lamp or even a plant. A cluttered, over accessorized room can look messy and disorganized, rather than chic and sophisticated. “We tend to clutter our living room with too many things. It is important to understand that less is more and therefore your living room should have things that either have sentimental value or design value. Don’t put too many things; the design is lost amidst too many. Let the important elements shine through,” says Shiva C, Designer.
Here are some clever tips from Rajat Singhi, Creative Director and Founder, Address Home, to transform your space into a classy abode. Get inspired!
Start by choosing your main areas to redecorate, whether it is your Entryway, Living, Dining, Bedroom or Study.
· Hallway – Place a mantle and a mirror with huge vase or decor jars
· Living – Create a balance of textures, patterns & colors while placing your cushions.
· Coffee Table: Create a beautiful vignette with articles of varying heights.
· Do not clutter the coffee table with too many things, less is more.
· Dining Area: Place two large jars on the console around the dining table, along with a large mirror in
· Dining Table: Start by focusing on the centre of the table. A statement centerpiece along with some added
accents can bring out any table setting.
· Bedroom: Play with a lot of Cushions kept in layers, starting from the taller ones descending in heights.
Place more textured or patterned ones towards the front.
· Place Table lamps along with a photo frame and some decor objects on the side tables.
· Study: Decorate your shelves with by adding decor accents along with books. Place bold items on the table
like a globe and few statement pieces.
· The key to making an ordinary place into a luxury one lies in the balance of accent colors and pieces,
keeping the focus on a few statement decor.