23 May 2018, Edition - 1044, Wednesday
- Indian Air Force Cheetah helicopter crash-lands in Natha Top in Jammu and Kashmir
- NHRC takes cognizance of Tuticorin violence, issues notice to Tamil Nadu Chief Secretary and DGP
- The Madras High Court directed Vedanta to stop the construction of the second unit of Sterlite copper smelter plant
- Tamil Nadu government forms judicial commission to probe Tuticorin violence
- J&K: Grenade attack in Bijbehara as 7 civilians were injured
- MHA has sought a report from Tamil Nadu Government on the violence in Tuticorin
- Mudarai HC stays expansion of Sterlite copper smelter plan
- US President Donald Trump warned that his landmark summit with Kim Jong Un may not take place as planned
- Sec 144 imposed in and around Tuticorin till May 25th
- Shops were shut and 5000 policemen were deployed in Tuticorin after 11 people died while protesting against the Sterlite Plant
Woman relieved of chain in Saibaba Colony
Covai Post Network
December 5, 2017
Image credit : Illustrative Image
Two motorcycle borne men relieved a woman of her four-and-a-half sovereign chain at Saibaba Colony on Tuesday night.
According to police, Malarvizhi was walking along the Bharathi Park Road at 8.30 p.m. when the culprits snatched her chain and sped away.
Following a complaint from Malarvizhi, C3 Saibaba Colony police have registered a case under Section 392 of IPC and are looking out for the culprits.