October 26, 2016
An Electricity Board worker was electrocuted and two others sustained burn injuries today when they were carrying out maintenance work of a tower at Thudiyalur sub-station on the outskirts here.
The three workers had climbed the tower as part of daily maintenance this morning when suddenly there was a loud noise from the tower and all three were thrown to ground due to the passage of electricity, police said.
While Ramu (30) died on the spot, the other two, Santoshkumar (32) and Meghanathan (33), sustained serious burn injuries and were admitted to the government hospital here.
Even as police are carrying out an investigation, the Electricity Board officials have ordered a departmental inquiry into the incident.