December 1, 2018
Rajinikanth and Akshay Kumar’s 2.0 is wreaking havoc at the box office in all languages combined. The movie had a record-breaking start at the box office on its day one. While the Hindi version opened on a good note, Tamil and Telugu versions took a bumper start and ran riot. The movie has grossed a huge Rs 80 crore (all languages) on the day one of its release, shattering all records including Thugs of Hindostan’s. But, fails to even touch what Baahubali 2: The Conclusion had earned in all languages on its opening day.
While 2.0 grossed Rs 80 crore, Baahubali 2: The Conclusion’s day 1 was on another level with Rs 154.89 crore. Interestingly, despite primarily being from Telugu and Tamil film industry, Baahubali 2 and 2.0 are now the top two biggest box office openers of all time. In fact, in the top 5, there are three regional films out of which two stars Rajinikanth. With 2.0, Akshay Kumar also makes his entry into the list of the top opening day of all time.
Another interesting aspect of the list is that it has four new entrants from 2018 itself, which says a lot about how successful this year has been at the box office.
Check out the list of all India top opening day of all time (all languages):
1. Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) – Rs 154.89 crore
2. 2.0 (2018) – Rs 80 crore approx
3. Thugs Of Hindostan (2018) – Rs 63.50 crore
4. Prem Ratan Dhan Payo (2015) – Rs 55.03 crore
5. Kabali (2016) – Rs 53.96 crore
6. Sultan (2016) – Rs 51.15 crore
7. Happy New Year (2014) – Rs 50.78 crore
8. Bahubali: The Beginning (2015) – Rs 49.48 crore
9. Dhoom 3 (2013) – Rs 45.67 crore
10. Sarkar (2018) – Rs 44.29 crore
Will 2.0 be able to go past Baahubali 2: The Conclusion in the long run?
Play is good all the time; All the time Play is Good: Playful classroom & school
Overnight Soaked Oats Versus Regular Bowl Of Oats – What’s The Difference?
Here’s How Removable Retainers for Teeth Make Your Smile Makeover Journey Easy
Sooji toast Recipe