January 12, 2018
12th of January, every year is celebrated as the National Youth Day or the Yuva Diwas in India, to commemorate the birthday of Swami Vivekananda, the creator of modern India.
The day is celebrated in the country as a festival to spread the message of brotherhood, unity, communal integration, understanding and enthusiasm amongst the youth.
It was a call taken by the Government of India to inspire the youth of the country with the philosophy of Swami Vivekananda and his ideals. It was a step taken to accomplish the aim of Swamiji to make a better future for the country by inspiring the youth of the country and motivating them towards contributing for the development and growth of the country.
Today the whole world looks towards India in an anticipation that the next global revolution will originate from here. The youth of the country is eager and dedicated towards the quest of success and achievement. Some justifies success with being famous, some being rich, and some at excelling in their chosen fields.
No matter how and what their dreams are, the youth of today show their determined will to achieve them.
Well known personality, Dietician Sheela Seharawat lists down some of the inspiring stories
of young achievers, who are are motivating the generation of today.
1. Virat Kohli: needs no introduction, this 26 year cricketer is the captain of the Indian cricket team and is perhaps the biggest icon of today just synonymous to his name – Virat. At this young age, through his determination and dedication he is already been admired by many and has bagged many accolades in his name. He is also known for his brat attitude on the field, which once offended many, but is now being loved by all.
2. Deepika Padukone: in 2013 Filmfare declared her the “Most Fashionable Star”. She is today the most fashionable, admired and beautiful Bollywood actress. The People’s Magazine, India crowned her “India’s Most Beautiful Woman”. Through her acting performances and hard work she went up to the top of the list of Indian actresses in no time.
3. Narain Karthikeyan: on the fast track to success, Narayan is the first Indian formula one driver. His dedication towards achieving his dreams id admired by the youth of today. He is a trend setter, who proved that if you believe on your dreams and work towards it, you will achieve it. At the age of 30, he is racing for GP and represents India in the circuit.
4. Rahul Yadav: known as the “Bad Boy of Start-ups”, Rahul is a admired and dynamic personality in the corporate sector. Co-founder and former CEO of real estate search portal Housing.Com, Rahul is known for his controversial remarks. He came into spotlight, when he decided to share his personal equity worth 200 crores + amongst his employees.
5. Anoushka Shankar: the daughter of sitar maestro Pandit Ravi Shankar, is a young,charming and talented young musician, sitar player and composer. In 2003, she was nominated for Grammy Awards for World Music, the youngest in any music category to do so.