23 Oct 2018, Edition - 1197, Tuesday
- Delhi Government Sources: Special Team formed to crack down on Chinese crackers
- Timings restricted for festivals, crackers allowed only between 8-10 PM
- SC admits Sabarimala petitions, pleas to be heard on November 13 at 3 PM
- Six women fail to enter Sabarimala temple, shrine shut till November 4
- Priest who was key witness in nun rape case found dead
- Supreme Court to take final call on pleas for banning crackers today
- Valley shuts down in protest, J&K police probe civilian killings
- 46 organisations in Assam have called for a 12-hour statewide bandh today against Citizenship (Amendment) Bill 2016
- Paytm founder’s secretary, 2 more held for Rs 20 crore blackmail in Noida
HC orders TN Govt to pay Rs10L each to families of 2 girls electrocuted
Covai Post Network
November 3, 2017
Image credit : Illustrative Image
Chennai: Madras High Court has directed the State Government to give Rs 10 lakh each as financial assistance to the families of two girls electrocuted at Kodungaiyur in the city on Wednesday.
The court order on Friday came a day after it demanded a report from the authorities on the rain relief measures.
Bhavana and Yuvashri of a government school, died instantaneously when they came into contact with a live wire submerged in rain water.
Chief Justice Indira Banerjee and Justice M Sundar ordered the government to pay the compensation in a week.
The State told the court that electricity department had already awarded Rs 2 lakh each to the families of the victims. Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami had announced Rs 3 lakh as solatium.