20 Apr 2018, Edition - 1011, Friday
- 2G Case: Delhi HC notice to Essar group, others, seeks response on CBI’s plea challenging acquittal
- Sources: DMK non-committal on CJI impeachment, DMK says no graft charge against CJI
- Maya Kodnani has been acquitted in the Naroda Patiya case by the Gujarat High Court
- Report incriminates lawmakers, BJP leads, Shiv Sena and TMC follow, Report suggest that 48 MPs face rape charges
- Big day in Naroda Patiya case, Gujarat HC to pronounce verdict
- Ahead of Karnataka elections, complaint registered against Sanjay Patil, BJP MLA booked for inciting hate, polarising votes
- Unnao BJP MLA’s security withdrawn, Kuldeep Sengar’s security revoked, CBI continues to grill Sengar
- Crucial hearing in Purohit case, SC to hear Lt Col Purohit’s plea, plea seeking quashing of UAPA, Purohit wants terrorist tag dropped
- Class 10th students would get an extra 2 marks for the misprint in the CBSE Class 10th English Question Paper.
Kamal says he’s not anti-Hindu
Covai Post Network
February 2, 2018
Chennai: Actor-turned-politician Kamal Haasan known for his rationalistic views has said he is not an enemy of Hindus.
In a weekly magazine column, he said he was not an enemy of Hindu religion, though some are trying to portray him in that manner. He said his people at home were devout Hindus and he could not hate them.
“It is their chosen path. I am not an enemy of Hindu. I look at Islam and Christianity in a similar way. I am not anybody’s enemy and I follow the same policy with my welfare club,” Haasan said.
People forgot their basic duty and looked at election as an event happening once in five years. That explained why governments changed tracks after functioning properly for the first 10 years after independence.
Haasan said he would start his statewide journey on February 21 said and interact with people so that there was a two-way exchange of views.