21 May 2018, Edition - 1042, Monday
- BS Yeddyurappa Resigns As Karnataka Chief Minister Just Before Floor Test
- 1 BJP MLA Somashekara Reddy is out to ‘bribe’ MLAs
- Number game changes again, after 2 Cong, 2 JDS(S) MLAs rebel, 2 independents back BJP, BJP at 105, 4 short of win
- Legal faceoff after poll war, Cong-JDS object to pro tem speaker, top court puts Cong-JDS in spot, SC: Might have to postpone floor test
- SC accepts Governor’s Counsel’s argument, top court puts Cong-JDS in tight spot, Cong-JDS’s petition dismissed
- BJP MLA to remain pro tem speaker, SC: Videography of floor test adequate, floor test to telecast live
Most TN fishermen rescued: TN Government
Covai Post Network
December 4, 2017
Image credit : Illustrative Image
Tamil Nadu government said that 2604 fishermen were rescued out of the 2864 fishermen from Kanyakumari and other areas caught in the Cyclone Ockhi. Search for remaining 260 fishermen and 79 boats continues, the state government said in a press statement.
According to the government, 220 fishermen from Kanyakumari district were rescued out of 294 who went missing due to cyclone while fishing. Another 2,384 fishermen and their 205 boats were rescued out of the 2,570 fishermen who had sailed in 284 boats from other places in the state.