19 Feb 2018, Edition - 951, Monday
- Karnataka Congress MLA N A Haris’s son, who thrashed youth at pub, surrenders
- Kamal Haasan’s party launch on Feb 21.
- Shocking hit and run case reported from Jaipur, Rajasthan. 1 person dead and 1 injured.
- Congress VIP’s brat surrenders; Cops could not arrest him, now surrender orchestrated.
- CBI sealed PNB Brady branch house; No entry or exit for officials. Ground report by Aruneel
- BJP MP booked for land grabbing; accused of assaulting land owner
- UPA-Nirav link gets murkier; Resignation signed off by Former FM P. Chidambaram
Most TN fishermen rescued: TN Government
Covai Post Network
December 4, 2017
Image credit : Illustrative Image
Tamil Nadu government said that 2604 fishermen were rescued out of the 2864 fishermen from Kanyakumari and other areas caught in the Cyclone Ockhi. Search for remaining 260 fishermen and 79 boats continues, the state government said in a press statement.
According to the government, 220 fishermen from Kanyakumari district were rescued out of 294 who went missing due to cyclone while fishing. Another 2,384 fishermen and their 205 boats were rescued out of the 2,570 fishermen who had sailed in 284 boats from other places in the state.