March 16, 2019
Chennai : After a few days of tension, Pollachi was relatively calm on Saturday. But on Saturday, the trading community of the town announced a protest bandh on March 19 when they would also take out a rally to press for their demand for a court-monitored probe, to be conducted by the CBI into the sex abuse cum blackmail case.
A representative of the trading community said different political parties and social organisations too were likely to participate in the rally. So far, students, political parties, various social organisations have been on the road protesting against the shocking scandal in which ruling party representative’s son was allegedly involved.
For the past several days, protests were mounting seeking stringent punishment to the alleged culprits in the Pollachi case.
The police have begun its investigations and have in its custody the prime accused – Thirunavukkarasu- and was interrogating him at a secret location. The case has been handed over to CB CID of the state police.
Four persons — Thirunavukkarasu, Sathish, Sabarirajan, Vasanthakumar — all in their 20s, have been accused of sexually assaulting women in Pollachi and filming the act to blackmail them for money or for physical submission for over seven years.
The police have requested social media organisations to remove the videos pertaining to the Pollachi sex scandal.
On Friday, the Madurai Bench of the Madras High Court told the Central government to remove all the videos related to the Pollachi serial sexual assaults from the Internet.