17 Jul 2018, Edition - 1099, Tuesday
- In last 4 years, they have done nothing for minorities and Muslims, says AIMIM Chief Asaduddin Owaisi
- Lokpal Appointment Case: Meeting of Selection committee headed by PM, CJI, Leader of opposition and others fixed for 19 July
- Chennai cops arrest 17 suspects after minor was gangraped and tortured for 7 months
- More Cops confirm lynching of 32-year old construction worker from Kolkata in Kollam, Kerala
- SFI activist attacked in Kerala as CPM alleges PFI behind the attack
- Mobocracy cannot take over; nobody should take law in their hands: Supreme Court on lynching incidents
- Court puts onus on state governments, says ‘Draft new laws on lynching’
- Cops arrest 8 MNS workers after they dug up the road outside the Mantralaya
- 23 people have been injured after a lava bomb or a flying chunk of molten rock, punctured the boat’s roof in Hawaii
- As per the Lok Sabha Secretariat, Mahajan will brief the party leaders about the smooth functioning of the session
Sankara Mutt pontiff Jayendra Saraswathi no more
Covai Post Network
February 28, 2018
Chennai: Jayendra Saraswathi, the 69th pontiff of Sankara Mutt in Kanchipuram, passed away at a private hospital in Kanchipuram.
The 82-year-old Jayendra Saraswathi had been ailing for some time. He was admitted to a private hospital in Kanchipuram early on Wednesday morning.