23 Oct 2018, Edition - 1197, Tuesday
- Timings restricted for festivals, crackers allowed only between 8-10 PM
- SC admits Sabarimala petitions, pleas to be heard on November 13 at 3 PM
- Six women fail to enter Sabarimala temple, shrine shut till November 4
- Priest who was key witness in nun rape case found dead
- Supreme Court to take final call on pleas for banning crackers today
- Valley shuts down in protest, J&K police probe civilian killings
- 46 organisations in Assam have called for a 12-hour statewide bandh today against Citizenship (Amendment) Bill 2016
- Paytm founder’s secretary, 2 more held for Rs 20 crore blackmail in Noida
Sankara Mutt pontiff Jayendra Saraswathi no more
Covai Post Network
February 28, 2018
Chennai: Jayendra Saraswathi, the 69th pontiff of Sankara Mutt in Kanchipuram, passed away at a private hospital in Kanchipuram.
The 82-year-old Jayendra Saraswathi had been ailing for some time. He was admitted to a private hospital in Kanchipuram early on Wednesday morning.