19 Jul 2018, Edition - 1101, Thursday
- Encounter rages on in Handwara, J&K; Gunfight breaks out in the Batpora area. Terrorists believed to be holed up
- AAP issues whip, asks its MPs to vote in favour of no confidence motion in the Parliament
- Students of Banaras Hindu University hold unique protest after Congress raised the question of accountability
- RBI to issue new 100 rupee note in lavender colour
- DMK Working President MK Stalin urges opposition parties to unite on the ‘no-trust’ vote
- Shiv Sena to abstain from the trust vote in the ‘no-confidence’ motion
- YSR Congress protests at Parliament premises, demanding special status for Andhra Pradesh
- Rahul Gandhi politicises mob lynchings, warns of ‘sinister design’ before 2019 General Elections
- 7 naxals, including 3 women, killed in an encounter with security forces in Bastar region of Chhattisgarh
- PM Modi interacts with the beneficiaries of Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana & Saubhagya Yojana
47 killed as bus falls into gorge in Uttarakhand
July 2, 2018
Dehradun: At least 47 passengers were killed and several critically injured after a bus fell into a 213-metre gorge in Uttarakhand’s Pauri Garhwal district on Sunday morning. The incident occurred near Gween village when the overloaded private bus fell into a 200-metre-deep gorge, Pauri Superintendent of Police Jagat Ram Joshi said.
The driver is said to have lost control of the 28-seater bus which was headed to Ramnagar from Bhaun. Eight injured people were rushed to nearby medical facilities out of which four were in
“very critical” condition.
Inspector General of the State Disaster Response Force (SDRF) Sanjay Gunjial has informed that a chopper has been rushed to airlift the remaining injured people.
Announcing a magisterial inquiry into the accident, Uttarakhand CM TS Rawat announced a compensation of Rs 2 lakh to the next of kin of the dead. The CM also said the treatment of the injured would be taken care of by the government.
source : http://www.bfirst.in/category/nation/at-least-35-killed-as-bus-falls-into-gorge-in-uttarakhand-497748