23 Sep 2018, Edition - 1167, Sunday
- Prasad said that the Congress has forgotten Bofors, 2G, and 3G and now he has the audacity of questioning the PM
- Former Bishop Franco Mulakkal’s lawyer did not oppose custody
- ‘Now this fertilizer plant will be symbolic of our success’, says PM Modi
- PM Narendramodi lays foundation stone of Talcher Fertilizer Plant, addresses public meeting
- 3 SPOs killed in Valley, India calls off talks with Pakistan
- India third worst hit in world by terror, after Iraq and Afghanistan: US data
- CBI chief Alok Verma, special director Rakesh Asthana in ugly public spat
- Franco Mulakkal has been discharged from medical college
- Sources suggest that Bishop Franco Mulakkal is likely to be arrested today
- Terrorists abduct, kill three policemen in Kashmir
Accused who plotted to kill Hindu leaders given four days custody
Covai Post Network
September 12, 2018
Coimbatore : A court here today allowed police to take for four days a gang of five, who allegedly hatched a plot to eliminate leaders of two Hindu outfits.
The petition filed by police seeking custody came up for hearing before the Principal District Sessions Court today and judge R Shaktivel granted the custody of the five and directed to produce them on September 16.
Police had arrested R. Ashik, S Ismail, S. Salavudheen, S.Shamsudheen and Ali on September two from the city railway station,based on a tip off from IB that the IS-inspired gang have plotted to kill some HIndu outfit leaders, including Arjun Sampath of Hindu Makkal Katchi and Anbu Mari of Shakthi Sena.
The judge also directed police to allow the advocates and relatives to meet the accused at a particular time during the period of custody.