17 Aug 2018, Edition - 1130, Friday
- PM Modi and BJP Chief Amit Shah walk alongside the hearse carrying the mortal remains of former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s mortal remains being taken from BJP headquarters to the Smriti Sthal
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s funeral will take place at Rashtriya Smriti Sthal at 4 pm
- PM Modi will visit Kerala to review the flood situation in the state today
- Kerala floods have taken 97 lives so far, 26 deaths reported on Thursday alone
- A delegation from Islamabad will attend the funeral of former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Atal was more than a colleague, he was my closest friend for 65 years: LK Advani
- Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan chairs meet with navy and air force over flood situation
- Between 5,700 and 10,000 Catholic priests have been accused of sexual abuse in the United States
- People flock on the streets as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s mortal remains are being taken to BJP HQ
Rotary Club adopts Tippanoor village
Covai Post Network
December 1, 2017
Rotary Club of Coimbatore has adopted Tippanoor village near Pannimadai and provide facilities such as indoor games, sports and fitness equipment, mosquito nets for windows and library facilities for hostels in six Government Schools.
Disclosing this at a function where the club presented ‘Outstanding Teachers Awards’ to 15 Government School teachers on Thursday, Santiago Jesu, President of the Rotary Club of Coimbatore said the teachers were chosen based on various parameters including number of students per class, pass percentage, class average, maximum marks scored in each subject and the location of the school.
The Rotary Club would conduct a mega band competition for school children in the district in January, he said.