18 Mar 2018, Edition - 978, Sunday
- The Congress and other political parties have been alleging that EVMs tampered during polls and demanding reintroduction of the ballot paper system of voting.
- J&K Minister Altaf Bukhari sings praises for Separatist Syed Ali Shah Geelani | Bukhari: Geelani is a very big leader and my stature is too small
- Pro-Khalistan terrorist convicted of killing former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh does not regreat his action, says his lawyer.
- MS Dhoni all praise for Nepal after it was granted ODI status by the International Cricket Council (ICC)
- Mohammed Shami issues clarification on wife’s ‘rape’ allegations
- According to reports, a Bangladesh player broke the glass while celebrating the team’s win over Sri Lanka in the T20I Nidahas Trophy tri-series.
- 43-year-old Tara had earlier confessed to his involvement in the assassination of Beant Singh in 1995.
- Delhi: NCB (Narcotics Control Bureau) busts big drug racket.
- 3 Bangladeshi nationals held in Pune | Arrested nationals said to have terror links | Accused have links with Al Qaeda affiliate | ATS to probe their terror links
- Modi and his associates allegedly defrauded Punjab National Bank of around Rs 13,000 crore through fraudulent LOUs of PNB
Rotary Club adopts Tippanoor village
Covai Post Network
December 1, 2017
Rotary Club of Coimbatore has adopted Tippanoor village near Pannimadai and provide facilities such as indoor games, sports and fitness equipment, mosquito nets for windows and library facilities for hostels in six Government Schools.
Disclosing this at a function where the club presented ‘Outstanding Teachers Awards’ to 15 Government School teachers on Thursday, Santiago Jesu, President of the Rotary Club of Coimbatore said the teachers were chosen based on various parameters including number of students per class, pass percentage, class average, maximum marks scored in each subject and the location of the school.
The Rotary Club would conduct a mega band competition for school children in the district in January, he said.