23 Oct 2018, Edition - 1197, Tuesday
- Delhi Government Sources: Special Team formed to crack down on Chinese crackers
- Timings restricted for festivals, crackers allowed only between 8-10 PM
- SC admits Sabarimala petitions, pleas to be heard on November 13 at 3 PM
- Six women fail to enter Sabarimala temple, shrine shut till November 4
- Priest who was key witness in nun rape case found dead
- Supreme Court to take final call on pleas for banning crackers today
- Valley shuts down in protest, J&K police probe civilian killings
- 46 organisations in Assam have called for a 12-hour statewide bandh today against Citizenship (Amendment) Bill 2016
- Paytm founder’s secretary, 2 more held for Rs 20 crore blackmail in Noida
100 kg sandalwood seized, two held
Covai Post Network
October 16, 2017
Image credit : illustrative image
Kottayam: One hundred kg of sandalwood was seized from a six-member Tamil Nadu-based gang of poachers in the Aryankavu forest range near Kollam.Two of them were arrested, while the rest escaped.
The arrested were identified as Thangadurai, 37, and Narayanan, 29. The seizure was made by a forest surveillance team which noticed stumps of freshly chopped trees in the 127-acre sandalwood plot in the Kadanampara area of the forest range. Two teams had been formed to nab the poachers, forest sources said.