21 Apr 2018, Edition - 1012, Saturday
- The IMF in the latest World Economic Outlook (WEO) has projected India to grow at 7.4 per cent in 2018 and 7.8 per cent in 2019
- The proposal demanded death penalty to those raping a child of below 12 years of rape
- ‘If you can rape then you can’t be a juvenile, I am in favour of this’, says Subramanian Swamy, MP, BJP on PM’s cabinet meeting agenda
- Mattis has welcomed Japan’s plan to review its National Defence Program Guidelines by year end
- EXCLUSIVE: Massive protest by Dalit group, thousands protest over the dilution of SC/ST Act, blocks T.N-Karnataka highway
- 1993 Bombay blast accused’s Parole rejected, Abu Salem’s Parole rejected by jail authorities, Abu Salem sought Parole to get married
3 die as bus plunges into river near Thalassery
Covai Post Network
December 12, 2017
Kozhikkode: Three persons, including a woman and her son, were killed when their bus plunged into a river at Panoor in Thalassery in the wee hours of Tuesday.
The victims were identified as Jitesh, 35, Premalatha, 56, and her son Prajit, 32. The driver of the bus bound to Thalassery from Bengaluru lost control over the vehicle and crashed down from Peringathoor bridge at 5:45 am, police said.
The casualty was minimised as most of the passengers got down. Fire and rescue department, with public support, took out those trapped in the vehicle.