17 Mar 2018, Edition - 977, Saturday
- The Congress and other political parties have been alleging that EVMs tampered during polls and demanding reintroduction of the ballot paper system of voting.
- J&K Minister Altaf Bukhari sings praises for Separatist Syed Ali Shah Geelani | Bukhari: Geelani is a very big leader and my stature is too small
- Pro-Khalistan terrorist convicted of killing former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh does not regreat his action, says his lawyer.
- MS Dhoni all praise for Nepal after it was granted ODI status by the International Cricket Council (ICC)
- Mohammed Shami issues clarification on wife’s ‘rape’ allegations
- According to reports, a Bangladesh player broke the glass while celebrating the team’s win over Sri Lanka in the T20I Nidahas Trophy tri-series.
- 43-year-old Tara had earlier confessed to his involvement in the assassination of Beant Singh in 1995.
- Delhi: NCB (Narcotics Control Bureau) busts big drug racket.
- 3 Bangladeshi nationals held in Pune | Arrested nationals said to have terror links | Accused have links with Al Qaeda affiliate | ATS to probe their terror links
- Modi and his associates allegedly defrauded Punjab National Bank of around Rs 13,000 crore through fraudulent LOUs of PNB
Chargesheet in Dileep case ready
Covai Post Network
October 17, 2017
Kochi: Eight months after the abduction of an actor, the police have completed preparation of the chargesheet against actor Dileep.
The chargesheet, to be submitted anytime now, was given final shape after a meeting of top police officials and lawyers, police sources said.
The main charge against Dileep is about hatching the conspiracy to engage in abduction, gang rape, destruction of evidences and give protection to the accused among other things.
The police have collected 27 solid evidences, confessional statements, forensic reports, cyber proof and circumstanial evidences.There is also a move to request the government to set up a special court for speedy trial of the case.