- Download mobile app
20 Jan 2018, Edition - 921, Saturday
- BJP MP @Swamy39 speaks on Election Commission’s disqualification of 20 AAP MLAs
- Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal must step down, says Congress spokesperson Tom Vadakkan
- 24-yr-old ABVP activist hacked to death in Kannur District
- Two teenagers bleed to death on the road as UP Police, unwilling to ‘soil car with blood’, refuse to help
- Two bombs found near Bodh Gaya pilgrimage centre in Bihar
- Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal has stabbed people in the back, says Sambit Patra, BJP spokesperson
- On camera: Karni Sena supporters ransack movie hall in Haryana’s Faridabad
- Bellandur lake in Bengaluru catches fire again, 5,000 jawans to the rescue
Cyclone Ockhi: Kerala seeks Rs. 1843 crore Central aid
Covai Post Network
December 9, 2017
Kerala has sought a Rs 1,843 crore financial package from the Centre to rehabilitate families affected by cyclone Ockhi.
Disclosing this to mediapersons in New Delhi after meeting Defence Minister Nirmala Sitaraman and Home Minister Rajnath Singh, Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan said the Centre had already given Rs. 300 crore to the State.
The Chief Minister also sought technical and financial assistance from the Centre to install early warning system to alert fishermen on the impending dangers such as cyclone. He appealed to the Union Ministers to enroll the 17,000 homeless fishermen under the Prime Minister’s Rural Housing Scheme.