24 Sep 2018, Edition - 1168, Monday
- Govt rejects JPC demand, 10-point justification issued, ‘CAG, CVC looking into matter’
- Flood threat looms over Punjab, CM Amarinder Singh holds high-level meet; schools, colleges shut tomorrow
- Crucial meet on SC/ST act at 4pm today
- J&K: 1 jawan martyred in Tangdhar encounter
- The Bishop was arrested after three days of interrogation on Friday
- EPS-OPS govt invites DMK President MK Stalin, Kanimozhi and TTV Dinakaran for MGR centenary celebrations on 30th Sep
- Kerala Nun Rape Case: Bishop Franco Mulakkal’s bail plea rejected as judicial custody has been extended till October 6th
- Commander Abhilash Tomy rescued
- Congress President Rahul Gandhi visits his LS Constituency Amethi
- 15-year old boy lynched in Tamil Nadu for alleged theft
Cyclone Ockhi: Kerala seeks Rs. 1843 crore Central aid
Covai Post Network
December 9, 2017
Kerala has sought a Rs 1,843 crore financial package from the Centre to rehabilitate families affected by cyclone Ockhi.
Disclosing this to mediapersons in New Delhi after meeting Defence Minister Nirmala Sitaraman and Home Minister Rajnath Singh, Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan said the Centre had already given Rs. 300 crore to the State.
The Chief Minister also sought technical and financial assistance from the Centre to install early warning system to alert fishermen on the impending dangers such as cyclone. He appealed to the Union Ministers to enroll the 17,000 homeless fishermen under the Prime Minister’s Rural Housing Scheme.