22 May 2018, Edition - 1043, Tuesday
- NHRC issues notice to Gujarat govt, notice to govt over dalit atrocity, dalit was beaten to death in Rajkot
- After VVPATs were seized from Vijayapura, B.S Yeddyurappa moves poll panel, seeks probe into the matter
- SC rejects Hindu Mahasabha’s petition, plea challenged Cong-JDS alliance, plea called pact ‘unconstitutional’
- Cricketer Jadeja’s wife allegedly thrashed, cop attacks Rivaba Jadeja in Jamnagar, assaulted after collision of vehicles
- The southern states parties barring Tamil Nadu’s AIADMK and chief minister K Palaniswami will also be in attendance
Cyclone Ockhi: Kerala seeks Rs. 1843 crore Central aid
Covai Post Network
December 9, 2017
Kerala has sought a Rs 1,843 crore financial package from the Centre to rehabilitate families affected by cyclone Ockhi.
Disclosing this to mediapersons in New Delhi after meeting Defence Minister Nirmala Sitaraman and Home Minister Rajnath Singh, Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan said the Centre had already given Rs. 300 crore to the State.
The Chief Minister also sought technical and financial assistance from the Centre to install early warning system to alert fishermen on the impending dangers such as cyclone. He appealed to the Union Ministers to enroll the 17,000 homeless fishermen under the Prime Minister’s Rural Housing Scheme.