22 Mar 2018, Edition - 982, Thursday
- J&K: 2 cops and 2 Army jawans martyred in Kupwara encounter; 4-5 terrorists still holed up
- Sensex closed 139.42 points or 0.42% higher at 33,136.18 after rising as much as 350 points during intraday high
- Both telcos are locked in a fierce battle for subscribers and need to invest in expanding their 4G network
- The ₹ 6 Lakh reward will be part of the revised ‘Rehabilitation Policy for Militants
- 15-year-old girl student commits suicide at her home on Tuesday by hanging herself from a ceiling fan
- Maharashtra: 5 men linked to ISIS terror outfit arrested by ATS; plot to target Bodhgaya foiled.
- DMK’s Stalin writes to CMs of 10 states, demanding fiscal autonomy for states
- Former Maharashtra CM Sushilkumar Shinde speaks on Congress’ U-turn on Lingayats
- Disruption in Lok Sabha leads to the house being adjourned for the day
- Ceasefire violations at an all-time high as Pak has violated ceasefire 600 times in nearly 2 months
Driver’s sloppiness costs pedestrian dear
Covai Post Network
October 9, 2017
Kochi: Negligence of a state transport corporation bus driver resulted in a person losing his four fingers in Thrissur.
The incident occurred when an Ernakulam-bound low floor air-conditioned bus moved driverless as the driver had disembarked without applying the emergency brake, leaving the vehicle to move.
The bus hit an electric post near which the victim Ramachandran, 45, was standing. He was rushed to Thrissur Medical College where he was given emergency treatment.
Four autorickshaws were damaged in the accident.
Police have booked the driver.
An AC low-floor bus had crushed to death two visually challenged sportspersons after the bus jumped the stopping point at Thrissur bus stand in 2015.