24 May 2018, Edition - 1045, Thursday
- Power supply of sterlite plant disconnected, T.N govt disconnects power supply, cut due to non compliance of rules
- Extortion threats to 12 U.P MLAs, demand: Pay up Rs 12 lakh each, Intel agencies begin probe
- 6 women officers of the Indian Navy, who successfully circumnavigated the globe on INSV Tarini met PM Modi
- Case has been filed against Kamal Haasan and Vaiko for violating Section 144
- Indian Air Force Cheetah helicopter crash-lands in Natha Top in Jammu and Kashmir
- NHRC takes cognizance of Tuticorin violence, issues notice to Tamil Nadu Chief Secretary and DGP
- The Madras High Court directed Vedanta to stop the construction of the second unit of Sterlite copper smelter plant
- Tamil Nadu government forms judicial commission to probe Tuticorin violence
- J&K: Grenade attack in Bijbehara as 7 civilians were injured
- MHA has sought a report from Tamil Nadu Government on the violence in Tuticorin
Heist at jewellery in Chalakudy, 20 kg gold lost
Covai Post Network
January 29, 2018
Kochi: Robbers struck at a jewellery store and got away with about 20 kg of gold at Chalakkudy in Thrissur.
The matter came to light this morning when the owner came to open the shop Idassherry Jewellery. It was closed on Sunday.
Police suspect the heist might have taken place yesterday. The robbers entered the shop after making a hole on the rear side and used gas cutters to open the lockers.
Absence of surveillance camera in the shop has made it difficult for police to break the case.
Police is also enquiring why the shop owner had not installed a CCTV despite all commercial establishments advised to do so.