23 Oct 2018, Edition - 1197, Tuesday
- Delhi Government Sources: Special Team formed to crack down on Chinese crackers
- Timings restricted for festivals, crackers allowed only between 8-10 PM
- SC admits Sabarimala petitions, pleas to be heard on November 13 at 3 PM
- Six women fail to enter Sabarimala temple, shrine shut till November 4
- Priest who was key witness in nun rape case found dead
- Supreme Court to take final call on pleas for banning crackers today
- Valley shuts down in protest, J&K police probe civilian killings
- 46 organisations in Assam have called for a 12-hour statewide bandh today against Citizenship (Amendment) Bill 2016
- Paytm founder’s secretary, 2 more held for Rs 20 crore blackmail in Noida
Heist at jewellery in Chalakudy, 20 kg gold lost
Covai Post Network
January 29, 2018
Kochi: Robbers struck at a jewellery store and got away with about 20 kg of gold at Chalakkudy in Thrissur.
The matter came to light this morning when the owner came to open the shop Idassherry Jewellery. It was closed on Sunday.
Police suspect the heist might have taken place yesterday. The robbers entered the shop after making a hole on the rear side and used gas cutters to open the lockers.
Absence of surveillance camera in the shop has made it difficult for police to break the case.
Police is also enquiring why the shop owner had not installed a CCTV despite all commercial establishments advised to do so.