- Download mobile app
20 Jan 2018, Edition - 921, Saturday
- BJP MP @Swamy39 speaks on Election Commission’s disqualification of 20 AAP MLAs
- Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal must step down, says Congress spokesperson Tom Vadakkan
- 24-yr-old ABVP activist hacked to death in Kannur District
- Two teenagers bleed to death on the road as UP Police, unwilling to ‘soil car with blood’, refuse to help
- Two bombs found near Bodh Gaya pilgrimage centre in Bihar
- Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal has stabbed people in the back, says Sambit Patra, BJP spokesperson
- On camera: Karni Sena supporters ransack movie hall in Haryana’s Faridabad
- Bellandur lake in Bengaluru catches fire again, 5,000 jawans to the rescue
IPS officer suspended for speech against Kerala Govt
Covai Post Network
December 20, 2017
Kottayam: The LDF Government in Kerala suspended bureaucrat and IMG chief Jacob Thomas for speaking against the government.
At a recent seminar in Thiruvananthapuram, Thomas spoke about widespread corruption and breakdown of law and order in the State.
The government said his remarks `shamed’ the government in public domain and an IPS officer was not supposed to make such statements.
Thomas had said tsunami funds were misused and if it had been utilised properly the gravity of Ockhi cyclone could have been minimised.
Encroachers were united and supported by the government, he remarked. Anyone speaking against the government was taken to task. This had created a fear among people and they were not willing to speak out.