26 Apr 2018, Edition - 1017, Thursday
- Kushinagar accident: Principal of Divine Public School has been arrested
- Railway Minister Piyush Goyal reacts on Kushinagar accident that claimed lives of 13 children this morning
- Pakistan Foreign Minister Khawaja Asif disqualified for holding a UAE visa
- IDFC Mutual fund is valued around 6% – 8% of its asset under management, which is currently more than ₹70,000 crore
- The revelation comes at a time when PNB is launching its own measures to nab the economic offenders
- Apollo Hospital makes startling submission, says ‘don’t have Jayalalithaa’s biological samples’
- Fresh twist to Jaya legacy row, Apollo Hospital makes stunning submission, ‘don’t have Jaya’s biological samples’
- After 13 children die due to ‘negligence’, ‘negligent’ school officials go absconding, school Principal and Manager go missing
- After Madras HC orders CBI probe, DMK demands T.N Health Minister’s resignation
- The social media giant reported $4.98 billion in profit — up from $4.26 billion in the last quarter
IPS officer suspended for speech against Kerala Govt
Covai Post Network
December 20, 2017
Kottayam: The LDF Government in Kerala suspended bureaucrat and IMG chief Jacob Thomas for speaking against the government.
At a recent seminar in Thiruvananthapuram, Thomas spoke about widespread corruption and breakdown of law and order in the State.
The government said his remarks `shamed’ the government in public domain and an IPS officer was not supposed to make such statements.
Thomas had said tsunami funds were misused and if it had been utilised properly the gravity of Ockhi cyclone could have been minimised.
Encroachers were united and supported by the government, he remarked. Anyone speaking against the government was taken to task. This had created a fear among people and they were not willing to speak out.