25 Sep 2018, Edition - 1169, Tuesday
- Another big SC verdict tomorrow: Top court to decide if court proceedings should be live streamed
- SC’s Aadhaar judgement tomorrow
- PM Modi unable to answer our questions, says Congress President Rahul Gandhi
- NC accepts Junaid Mattu’s resignation
- National Conference spokesperson Junaid Azim Mattu resigns from party to contest civic polls from Srinagar
- ‘Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas’ is not only an electoral phrase. It is our way, says PM Modi
- Kerala Nun Rape Case: FIR filed against Missionaries of Jesus for revealing the identity of the victim
- BJP President Amit Shah addresses mega-rally in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- Court directs issue of notice in 19 year old murder case against UP CM Yogi Adityanath
- The country won’t be distracted by Rahul Gandhi’s shameless lie: Ravi Shankar Prasad, Union Law Minister
It’s better you step down, Kerala HC tells Chandy
Covai Post Network
November 14, 2017
Image credit : Illustrative Image
The Kerala High Court on Tuesday dismissed Transport Minister Thomas Chandy’s plea seeking to quash Alappuzha Collector’s report indicting Chandy of land grab and violating law.
Dismissing his plea, the division bench, criticised the Minister for filing a plea against his own Government. The court said it was better that he step down from the Government, considering that the first respondent in his petition was the State Government.
Earlier, the court observed that Chandy’s action was unconstitutional and said that the Government has lost the confidence in him. Though the court gave Chandy’s counsel Vivek Thanka to withdraw the petition, the Minister did not do so, following which the court dismissed the same.