16 Jul 2018, Edition - 1098, Monday
- NHRC issues notice to Maharashtra govt over suicide by almost 700 farmers in the state
- Terrorists opened fire upon a police post guarding the house of NC leader at Murran Pulwama, 1 cop martyred, 2 guards injured
- Major Aditya Case: J&K authorities refuse to quash FIR, wants all states involved
- Petrol becomes cheaper by 11 Paise, Diesel by 14
- NIA Court sends Asiya Andrabi and two others for 30 days judicial custody
- Even doing ‘Puja’ has become difficult here, says PM Modi in Midnapore
- J&K: Infiltration bid foiled in Kupwara as 1 terrorist was gunned down while 2 army men were injured in the firing
- Income tax raids at SPK Company and Expressway Private Limited in Chennai as major tax evasion is being suspected
- Bombay HC is set to begin hearing on Col Purohit’s discharge plea in the 2008 Malegaon blast
- SC refuses to stay Centre’s notification introducing pictorial representation on tobacco-related packets
Jayasurya’s boat jetty demolished
Covai Post Network
April 4, 2018
KOCHI: The Kochi Corporation on Wednesday demolished unauthorised structures raised by Malayalam actor Jayasurya near his house.
The actor, who resides near the Chilavanoor lake, had constructed a private boat jetty linking it to his house’s rear side. The compound wall of the house was also constructed on the encroached land.
Following a petition from a resident, the Corporation issued a notice to the actor to demolish the structures.
Jayasurya filed an appeal petition before the local bodies ombudsman, that also asked him to demolish the boat jetty.