23 May 2018, Edition - 1044, Wednesday
- Several are feared to be trapped as building in Jodhpur collapsed due to digging work in the Sadarpura area
- NHRC issues notice to Gujarat govt, notice to govt over dalit atrocity, dalit was beaten to death in Rajkot
- After VVPATs were seized from Vijayapura, B.S Yeddyurappa moves poll panel, seeks probe into the matter
- SC rejects Hindu Mahasabha’s petition, plea challenged Cong-JDS alliance, plea called pact ‘unconstitutional’
- Cricketer Jadeja’s wife allegedly thrashed, cop attacks Rivaba Jadeja in Jamnagar, assaulted after collision of vehicles
- The southern states parties barring Tamil Nadu’s AIADMK and chief minister K Palaniswami will also be in attendance
Kerala HC quashes probe order against ex-DGP Sen Kumar
Covai Post Network
December 1, 2017
Image credit : Illustrative Image
Kottayam: In a reprieve to former Director General of Police TP Sen Kumar, Kerala High Court today quashed the probe ordered by the vigilance court in Thiruvananthapuram.
The court passed the verdict while considering Sen Kumar plea. He was removed from the post of DGP on grounds of ‘inefficiency’ by the LDF Government soon after coming to power.
Sen Kumar challenged this in the Supreme Court which directed the State Government to reinstate him.
After his retirement, the government ordered a probe accusing him of producing fake leave certificate.
The High Court had earlier asked government why it was so keen on Sen Kumar’s case. It also said the government was not showing the same interest in other serious cases.