18 Aug 2018, Edition - 1131, Saturday
- The former UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan has passed away, a statement by the United Nations said
- Odisha government sent a 240-member fire services team to carry out rescue operations in flood-ravaged Kerala
- Bihar CM Nitish Kumar donates 10 crore for Kerala
- 500 crore relief package announced for Kerala
- PM Modi undertakes aerial survey of Kerala
- Imran Khan Takes Oath As Pakistan’s New Prime Minister
- KeralaFloods : PM Modi announces Rs 500 crore aid as immediate assistance to the state
- Kerala floods: Virat Kohli, Sunil Chhetri, Sania Mirza come out urging people for help
- 106 die in a day in flood-hit Kerala
- PML-N president and the brother of jailed former Pakistan prime minister Nawaz Sharif, managed to secure just 96 seats
Kerala HC quashes probe order against ex-DGP Sen Kumar
Covai Post Network
December 1, 2017
Image credit : Illustrative Image
Kottayam: In a reprieve to former Director General of Police TP Sen Kumar, Kerala High Court today quashed the probe ordered by the vigilance court in Thiruvananthapuram.
The court passed the verdict while considering Sen Kumar plea. He was removed from the post of DGP on grounds of ‘inefficiency’ by the LDF Government soon after coming to power.
Sen Kumar challenged this in the Supreme Court which directed the State Government to reinstate him.
After his retirement, the government ordered a probe accusing him of producing fake leave certificate.
The High Court had earlier asked government why it was so keen on Sen Kumar’s case. It also said the government was not showing the same interest in other serious cases.