18 Aug 2018, Edition - 1131, Saturday
- The former UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan has passed away, a statement by the United Nations said
- Odisha government sent a 240-member fire services team to carry out rescue operations in flood-ravaged Kerala
- Bihar CM Nitish Kumar donates 10 crore for Kerala
- 500 crore relief package announced for Kerala
- PM Modi undertakes aerial survey of Kerala
- Imran Khan Takes Oath As Pakistan’s New Prime Minister
- KeralaFloods : PM Modi announces Rs 500 crore aid as immediate assistance to the state
- Kerala floods: Virat Kohli, Sunil Chhetri, Sania Mirza come out urging people for help
- 106 die in a day in flood-hit Kerala
- PML-N president and the brother of jailed former Pakistan prime minister Nawaz Sharif, managed to secure just 96 seats
Kerala to raise minimum age for consuming liquor to 23
Covai Post Network
December 6, 2017
Image credit : Illustrative Image
The LDF Government in Kerala on Wednesday decided to raised the minimum age for consuming liquor from 21 to 23. The Government will make suitable amednments to the existing liquor policy and bring an ordinance on this front.
A decision to this effect was taken at a Cabinet meeting in tune with the liquor policy of the Government.
The Cabinet gave more powers to Kerala Women’s Commission to summon anyone in connection with cases. As of now the commission has power to summon only the witness.
The Cabinet decided to allow private parties to set up 20 power production units under BOOT arrangement. The agreement will be for a period of 30 years.