23 May 2018, Edition - 1044, Wednesday
- Several are feared to be trapped as building in Jodhpur collapsed due to digging work in the Sadarpura area
- NHRC issues notice to Gujarat govt, notice to govt over dalit atrocity, dalit was beaten to death in Rajkot
- After VVPATs were seized from Vijayapura, B.S Yeddyurappa moves poll panel, seeks probe into the matter
- SC rejects Hindu Mahasabha’s petition, plea challenged Cong-JDS alliance, plea called pact ‘unconstitutional’
- Cricketer Jadeja’s wife allegedly thrashed, cop attacks Rivaba Jadeja in Jamnagar, assaulted after collision of vehicles
- The southern states parties barring Tamil Nadu’s AIADMK and chief minister K Palaniswami will also be in attendance
Kerala to raise minimum age for consuming liquor to 23
Covai Post Network
December 6, 2017
Image credit : Illustrative Image
The LDF Government in Kerala on Wednesday decided to raised the minimum age for consuming liquor from 21 to 23. The Government will make suitable amednments to the existing liquor policy and bring an ordinance on this front.
A decision to this effect was taken at a Cabinet meeting in tune with the liquor policy of the Government.
The Cabinet gave more powers to Kerala Women’s Commission to summon anyone in connection with cases. As of now the commission has power to summon only the witness.
The Cabinet decided to allow private parties to set up 20 power production units under BOOT arrangement. The agreement will be for a period of 30 years.