21 Apr 2018, Edition - 1012, Saturday
- EXCLUSIVE: Massive protest by Dalit group, thousands protest over the dilution of SC/ST Act, blocks T.N-Karnataka highway
- 1993 Bombay blast accused’s Parole rejected, Abu Salem’s Parole rejected by jail authorities, Abu Salem sought Parole to get married
- JUST IN: RS Chair studying impeachment notice to consult with legal luminaries: Sources
- A senior BJP leader from Tamil Nadu has apologised for his Facebook comments on journalists
- 2G Case: Delhi HC notice to Essar group, others, seeks response on CBI’s plea challenging acquittal
- Sources: DMK non-committal on CJI impeachment, DMK says no graft charge against CJI
- Maya Kodnani has been acquitted in the Naroda Patiya case by the Gujarat High Court
- Report incriminates lawmakers, BJP leads, Shiv Sena and TMC follow, Report suggest that 48 MPs face rape charges
- Big day in Naroda Patiya case, Gujarat HC to pronounce verdict
- Ahead of Karnataka elections, complaint registered against Sanjay Patil, BJP MLA booked for inciting hate, polarising votes
Kollam-Chennai rail route to reopen on April 10
Covai Post Network
April 4, 2018
Kottayam: Train services are all set to be augmented from Kollam to Chennai through Schencottah-Punalur section ready for inauguration on April 10.
Union Minister of State for Railways Rajen Gohain will inaugurate the section in the presence of Union Minister Alfons Kannanthanam.
A special fare train from Tambaram to Kollam has already started running. The 112-year-old Sengottai-Punalur section had remained closed for about eight years for gauge conversion since 2010.
The section is one of the most beautiful railway routes in the country having hills, tunnels and iconic century-old 13-arch bridge in Thenmala.