22 Apr 2018, Edition - 1013, Sunday
- The IMF in the latest World Economic Outlook (WEO) has projected India to grow at 7.4 per cent in 2018 and 7.8 per cent in 2019
- The proposal demanded death penalty to those raping a child of below 12 years of rape
- ‘If you can rape then you can’t be a juvenile, I am in favour of this’, says Subramanian Swamy, MP, BJP on PM’s cabinet meeting agenda
- Mattis has welcomed Japan’s plan to review its National Defence Program Guidelines by year end
- EXCLUSIVE: Massive protest by Dalit group, thousands protest over the dilution of SC/ST Act, blocks T.N-Karnataka highway
- 1993 Bombay blast accused’s Parole rejected, Abu Salem’s Parole rejected by jail authorities, Abu Salem sought Parole to get married
Opposition in CPM to Kannur lobby resorting to violence
Covai Post Network
February 26, 2018
Kottayam: CPM state conference witnessed unprecedented opposition from many district committee members targeting Kannur committee taking to violence which was tarnishing the image of the party.
But it did not make any impact on the top bosses of the party.
The party’s opposition to Sitaram Yechury’s suggestion to tie up with Congress to take on BJP was also visible at the conference. The conference saw members flaying the suggestion while Yechury’s satirical reply to them during his speech was worth noting.
Kodiyeri Balakrishnan’s re-election as state secretary shocked many delegates as he was in the midst of controversy over his son’s fraud in Dubai. The party dropped two supporters of VS faction citing age while older members were still there in the committee.