17 Jul 2018, Edition - 1099, Tuesday
- In last 4 years, they have done nothing for minorities and Muslims, says AIMIM Chief Asaduddin Owaisi
- Lokpal Appointment Case: Meeting of Selection committee headed by PM, CJI, Leader of opposition and others fixed for 19 July
- Chennai cops arrest 17 suspects after minor was gangraped and tortured for 7 months
- More Cops confirm lynching of 32-year old construction worker from Kolkata in Kollam, Kerala
- SFI activist attacked in Kerala as CPM alleges PFI behind the attack
- Mobocracy cannot take over; nobody should take law in their hands: Supreme Court on lynching incidents
- Court puts onus on state governments, says ‘Draft new laws on lynching’
- Cops arrest 8 MNS workers after they dug up the road outside the Mantralaya
- 23 people have been injured after a lava bomb or a flying chunk of molten rock, punctured the boat’s roof in Hawaii
- As per the Lok Sabha Secretariat, Mahajan will brief the party leaders about the smooth functioning of the session
Opposition in CPM to Kannur lobby resorting to violence
Covai Post Network
February 26, 2018
Kottayam: CPM state conference witnessed unprecedented opposition from many district committee members targeting Kannur committee taking to violence which was tarnishing the image of the party.
But it did not make any impact on the top bosses of the party.
The party’s opposition to Sitaram Yechury’s suggestion to tie up with Congress to take on BJP was also visible at the conference. The conference saw members flaying the suggestion while Yechury’s satirical reply to them during his speech was worth noting.
Kodiyeri Balakrishnan’s re-election as state secretary shocked many delegates as he was in the midst of controversy over his son’s fraud in Dubai. The party dropped two supporters of VS faction citing age while older members were still there in the committee.