16 Jul 2018, Edition - 1098, Monday
- NHRC issues notice to Maharashtra govt over suicide by almost 700 farmers in the state
- Terrorists opened fire upon a police post guarding the house of NC leader at Murran Pulwama, 1 cop martyred, 2 guards injured
- Major Aditya Case: J&K authorities refuse to quash FIR, wants all states involved
- Petrol becomes cheaper by 11 Paise, Diesel by 14
- NIA Court sends Asiya Andrabi and two others for 30 days judicial custody
- Even doing ‘Puja’ has become difficult here, says PM Modi in Midnapore
- J&K: Infiltration bid foiled in Kupwara as 1 terrorist was gunned down while 2 army men were injured in the firing
- Income tax raids at SPK Company and Expressway Private Limited in Chennai as major tax evasion is being suspected
- Bombay HC is set to begin hearing on Col Purohit’s discharge plea in the 2008 Malegaon blast
- SC refuses to stay Centre’s notification introducing pictorial representation on tobacco-related packets
Rs 23 cr property of Kerala businessman Radhakrishnan attached
Covai Post Network
September 21, 2017
Kottayam: Enforcement agencies have attached property worth Rs 23 crore of controversial businessman and contractor VM Radakrishnan under the black money prevention act.
He had earned the property which include flats and hotels in Waynad, Kozhikode and Palakkad during 2004-08 when he was the contractor of Malabar Cements, Palakkad.
The corruption had bought a loss of Rs 23 crore to the state exchequer.
Chargesheets were filled against him in five cases under Black Money (Undisclosed Foreign Income and assets Black Money Act).