22 Mar 2018, Edition - 982, Thursday
- J&K: 2 cops and 2 Army jawans martyred in Kupwara encounter; 4-5 terrorists still holed up
- Sensex closed 139.42 points or 0.42% higher at 33,136.18 after rising as much as 350 points during intraday high
- Both telcos are locked in a fierce battle for subscribers and need to invest in expanding their 4G network
- The ₹ 6 Lakh reward will be part of the revised ‘Rehabilitation Policy for Militants
- 15-year-old girl student commits suicide at her home on Tuesday by hanging herself from a ceiling fan
- Maharashtra: 5 men linked to ISIS terror outfit arrested by ATS; plot to target Bodhgaya foiled.
- DMK’s Stalin writes to CMs of 10 states, demanding fiscal autonomy for states
- Former Maharashtra CM Sushilkumar Shinde speaks on Congress’ U-turn on Lingayats
- Disruption in Lok Sabha leads to the house being adjourned for the day
- Ceasefire violations at an all-time high as Pak has violated ceasefire 600 times in nearly 2 months
Solar report tabling forces Kerala Transport Minister to revise travel plans
Covai Post Network
October 19, 2017
Kottayam: Kerala Transport Minister Thomas Chandy has revised his travel plans in the wake of the Government calling a special session of the Assembly on November 9 to place the solar commission finding and action taken report before the legislators.
Thomas has been suffering from lymphatic ailment and was to go abroad for a fortnight for treatment.
Thomas has been facing charges of violating environmental rules and reclaiming a lake for building his resort in Alappuzha. The District Collector is likely to present a report against him to the Revenue Minister on Thursday.
A wealthy business man, Thomas took leave recently and went on a business trip.