16 Jul 2018, Edition - 1098, Monday
- NHRC issues notice to Maharashtra govt over suicide by almost 700 farmers in the state
- Terrorists opened fire upon a police post guarding the house of NC leader at Murran Pulwama, 1 cop martyred, 2 guards injured
- Major Aditya Case: J&K authorities refuse to quash FIR, wants all states involved
- Petrol becomes cheaper by 11 Paise, Diesel by 14
- NIA Court sends Asiya Andrabi and two others for 30 days judicial custody
- Even doing ‘Puja’ has become difficult here, says PM Modi in Midnapore
- J&K: Infiltration bid foiled in Kupwara as 1 terrorist was gunned down while 2 army men were injured in the firing
- Income tax raids at SPK Company and Expressway Private Limited in Chennai as major tax evasion is being suspected
- Bombay HC is set to begin hearing on Col Purohit’s discharge plea in the 2008 Malegaon blast
- SC refuses to stay Centre’s notification introducing pictorial representation on tobacco-related packets
Solar report tabling forces Kerala Transport Minister to revise travel plans
Covai Post Network
October 19, 2017
Kottayam: Kerala Transport Minister Thomas Chandy has revised his travel plans in the wake of the Government calling a special session of the Assembly on November 9 to place the solar commission finding and action taken report before the legislators.
Thomas has been suffering from lymphatic ailment and was to go abroad for a fortnight for treatment.
Thomas has been facing charges of violating environmental rules and reclaiming a lake for building his resort in Alappuzha. The District Collector is likely to present a report against him to the Revenue Minister on Thursday.
A wealthy business man, Thomas took leave recently and went on a business trip.