24 Sep 2018, Edition - 1168, Monday
- Govt rejects JPC demand, 10-point justification issued, ‘CAG, CVC looking into matter’
- Flood threat looms over Punjab, CM Amarinder Singh holds high-level meet; schools, colleges shut tomorrow
- Crucial meet on SC/ST act at 4pm today
- J&K: 1 jawan martyred in Tangdhar encounter
- The Bishop was arrested after three days of interrogation on Friday
- EPS-OPS govt invites DMK President MK Stalin, Kanimozhi and TTV Dinakaran for MGR centenary celebrations on 30th Sep
- Kerala Nun Rape Case: Bishop Franco Mulakkal’s bail plea rejected as judicial custody has been extended till October 6th
- Commander Abhilash Tomy rescued
- Congress President Rahul Gandhi visits his LS Constituency Amethi
- 15-year old boy lynched in Tamil Nadu for alleged theft
Suresh Gopi seeks anticipatory bail in road tax evasion case
Covai Post Network
December 12, 2017
Kochi: In an embarrassment to actors Suresh Gopi, MP, Fahad Fasil and Amala Paul, enforcement agencies are pursuing action against them for road tax evasion.
Actor and BJP leader Suresh Gopi filed for anticipatory bail in the tax evasion case in Kerala High Court.
The crime branch had registered a non-bailable case against him for producing fake proof of residency in Union Territory of Pondicherry to evade tax in Kerala. He has appealed for urgent hearing of the bail plea.
Meanwhile, the crime branch has served notices on Fahad and Amala in a similar case. Both of them have been asked to appear before the main office of the crime branch in Thiruvananthapuram on December 19.