- Download mobile app
20 Jan 2018, Edition - 921, Saturday
- BJP MP @Swamy39 speaks on Election Commission’s disqualification of 20 AAP MLAs
- Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal must step down, says Congress spokesperson Tom Vadakkan
- 24-yr-old ABVP activist hacked to death in Kannur District
- Two teenagers bleed to death on the road as UP Police, unwilling to ‘soil car with blood’, refuse to help
- Two bombs found near Bodh Gaya pilgrimage centre in Bihar
- Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal has stabbed people in the back, says Sambit Patra, BJP spokesperson
- On camera: Karni Sena supporters ransack movie hall in Haryana’s Faridabad
- Bellandur lake in Bengaluru catches fire again, 5,000 jawans to the rescue
Suresh Gopi seeks anticipatory bail in road tax evasion case
Covai Post Network
December 12, 2017
Kochi: In an embarrassment to actors Suresh Gopi, MP, Fahad Fasil and Amala Paul, enforcement agencies are pursuing action against them for road tax evasion.
Actor and BJP leader Suresh Gopi filed for anticipatory bail in the tax evasion case in Kerala High Court.
The crime branch had registered a non-bailable case against him for producing fake proof of residency in Union Territory of Pondicherry to evade tax in Kerala. He has appealed for urgent hearing of the bail plea.
Meanwhile, the crime branch has served notices on Fahad and Amala in a similar case. Both of them have been asked to appear before the main office of the crime branch in Thiruvananthapuram on December 19.