23 Mar 2018, Edition - 983, Friday
- BSP MLA claims he voted for BJP, 3 independent MLAs support BJP | LISTEN IN: As Neerja Chowdhury
- Reports have emerged that China has transferred a highly-sensitive missile technology to Pakistan
- TDP reaches out to TRS, AIADMK, asks for their help in pushing for no-confidence motion in the Parliament.
- Mallapuram, Kerala: 22 year old stabbed to death by her father on the eve of wedding; family opposed her wedding to the man
- Kerala Professor Jouhar Munavvir booked over his derogatory remarks against women
- Social activist Anna Hazare begins hunger strike in the national capital demanding Lokpal and better solution for farmers’ issues
- Ballia, Uttar Pradesh: 15 year old ends life after police did not act seriously on her complaint about harassment by 5 men.
- Bolt and Dortmund are both sponsored by Puma and the event was hence considered more of a publicity stunt
- CM Naidu speaks to his MPs, tells TDP MPs to ‘keep fighting, don’t stop till A.P gets justice’, TDP keeps up pressure on centre
Thomas Chandy out, orders issued to restore lake
Covai Post Network
November 16, 2017
Image credit : Illustrative Image
Kottayam: Kerala Revenue Minister E Chandrashekharan on Wednesday directed Alappuzha Collector Anupama to take steps to ensure status quo of the lake reclaimed by Thomas Chandy for his resort.
Chandy quit as transport minister on Wednesday in the wake of allegations that he had reclaimed land. The report of the Anupama, coupled with the comments from Kerala High Court where he challenged the report, left Chandy in the dock. Finally, he put in his papers to Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan through his party National Congress Party state president Peethambaran Master. It was accepted by the Governor immediately.
The fresh directive to the District Collector comes as continuation of Chandy as a minister had been standing in the way for the government to remove the filling in the lake.