15 Jul 2018, Edition - 1097, Sunday
- Congress takes a jibe at PM Modi after former Pak PM Nawaz Sharif was arrested last night
- Another person succumbs to potholes in Mumbai as 27-year old dies after his bike skid through a pothole in Navi Mumbai
- State of J&K says FIR against Major Aditya was justified as the next hearing on his case is on Monday
- Congress MP Shashi Tharoor summoned by Kolkata Court over his ‘Hindu-Pak’ comment
- PM Modi will lay the foundation stone for the 340-km long Purvanchal Expressway in Azamgarh
- Twelve Russian intelligence officers were charged on Friday with hacking Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign
Three die as bridge collapses in Kollam
Covai Post Network
October 31, 2017
Image credit : Illustrative Image
Kottayam: Three persons were killed when a bridge on the premises of Kerala Minerals and Metals Ltd in Kollam collapsed on Monday.
One body of Shyamala, 56, was recovered early in the day while those of the other two were found below the steel bridge debris. The deceased were identified as Annamma and Agelina.
About 50 persons suffered injuries, police said.
The steel bridge was across the national waterways. The bridge was very old and little had been done to strengthen it.