22 Mar 2018, Edition - 982, Thursday
- J&K: 2 cops and 2 Army jawans martyred in Kupwara encounter; 4-5 terrorists still holed up
- Sensex closed 139.42 points or 0.42% higher at 33,136.18 after rising as much as 350 points during intraday high
- Both telcos are locked in a fierce battle for subscribers and need to invest in expanding their 4G network
- The ₹ 6 Lakh reward will be part of the revised ‘Rehabilitation Policy for Militants
- 15-year-old girl student commits suicide at her home on Tuesday by hanging herself from a ceiling fan
- Maharashtra: 5 men linked to ISIS terror outfit arrested by ATS; plot to target Bodhgaya foiled.
- DMK’s Stalin writes to CMs of 10 states, demanding fiscal autonomy for states
- Former Maharashtra CM Sushilkumar Shinde speaks on Congress’ U-turn on Lingayats
- Disruption in Lok Sabha leads to the house being adjourned for the day
- Ceasefire violations at an all-time high as Pak has violated ceasefire 600 times in nearly 2 months
Three die as bridge collapses in Kollam
Covai Post Network
October 31, 2017
Image credit : Illustrative Image
Kottayam: Three persons were killed when a bridge on the premises of Kerala Minerals and Metals Ltd in Kollam collapsed on Monday.
One body of Shyamala, 56, was recovered early in the day while those of the other two were found below the steel bridge debris. The deceased were identified as Annamma and Agelina.
About 50 persons suffered injuries, police said.
The steel bridge was across the national waterways. The bridge was very old and little had been done to strengthen it.