23 Oct 2018, Edition - 1197, Tuesday
- Timings restricted for festivals, crackers allowed only between 8-10 PM
- SC admits Sabarimala petitions, pleas to be heard on November 13 at 3 PM
- Six women fail to enter Sabarimala temple, shrine shut till November 4
- Priest who was key witness in nun rape case found dead
- Supreme Court to take final call on pleas for banning crackers today
- Valley shuts down in protest, J&K police probe civilian killings
- 46 organisations in Assam have called for a 12-hour statewide bandh today against Citizenship (Amendment) Bill 2016
- Paytm founder’s secretary, 2 more held for Rs 20 crore blackmail in Noida
Three die as bridge collapses in Kollam
Covai Post Network
October 31, 2017
Image credit : Illustrative Image
Kottayam: Three persons were killed when a bridge on the premises of Kerala Minerals and Metals Ltd in Kollam collapsed on Monday.
One body of Shyamala, 56, was recovered early in the day while those of the other two were found below the steel bridge debris. The deceased were identified as Annamma and Agelina.
About 50 persons suffered injuries, police said.
The steel bridge was across the national waterways. The bridge was very old and little had been done to strengthen it.