17 Mar 2018, Edition - 977, Saturday
- The Congress and other political parties have been alleging that EVMs tampered during polls and demanding reintroduction of the ballot paper system of voting.
- J&K Minister Altaf Bukhari sings praises for Separatist Syed Ali Shah Geelani | Bukhari: Geelani is a very big leader and my stature is too small
- Pro-Khalistan terrorist convicted of killing former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh does not regreat his action, says his lawyer.
- MS Dhoni all praise for Nepal after it was granted ODI status by the International Cricket Council (ICC)
- Mohammed Shami issues clarification on wife’s ‘rape’ allegations
- According to reports, a Bangladesh player broke the glass while celebrating the team’s win over Sri Lanka in the T20I Nidahas Trophy tri-series.
- 43-year-old Tara had earlier confessed to his involvement in the assassination of Beant Singh in 1995.
- Delhi: NCB (Narcotics Control Bureau) busts big drug racket.
- 3 Bangladeshi nationals held in Pune | Arrested nationals said to have terror links | Accused have links with Al Qaeda affiliate | ATS to probe their terror links
- Modi and his associates allegedly defrauded Punjab National Bank of around Rs 13,000 crore through fraudulent LOUs of PNB
Udayabhanu sent to 3-day police custody
Covai Post Network
November 6, 2017
Image credit : Illustrative Image
The Chalakkudy Judicial Magistrate sent advocate C.P. Udayabhanu, accused in the murder of real estate agent V.A. Rajeev, to three days police custody on Monday.
The Special Investigation Team, probing the case, had sought four days police custody of the lawyer on Friday.
Udayabhanu had real estate and cash dealings with Rajeev. He had allegedly paid an advance amount to Rajeev for a real estate deal that was not completed.
During interrogation, Udayabhanu said that Rajeev owed him money and that he had asked Chakkara Johnny to get back the money from Rajeev and not to kill him.
Rajeev’s body was found in a rented house at Pariyaram in Chalakudy on September 29. He had earlier moved the court seeking police protection alleging that he had been facing threats from the ‘henchmen’ of Udayabhanu. The deceased also had reportedly complained to the Chief Minister and the State police chief about the threat to his life.