21 Apr 2018, Edition - 1012, Saturday
- EXCLUSIVE: Massive protest by Dalit group, thousands protest over the dilution of SC/ST Act, blocks T.N-Karnataka highway
- 1993 Bombay blast accused’s Parole rejected, Abu Salem’s Parole rejected by jail authorities, Abu Salem sought Parole to get married
- JUST IN: RS Chair studying impeachment notice to consult with legal luminaries: Sources
- A senior BJP leader from Tamil Nadu has apologised for his Facebook comments on journalists
- 2G Case: Delhi HC notice to Essar group, others, seeks response on CBI’s plea challenging acquittal
- Sources: DMK non-committal on CJI impeachment, DMK says no graft charge against CJI
- Maya Kodnani has been acquitted in the Naroda Patiya case by the Gujarat High Court
- Report incriminates lawmakers, BJP leads, Shiv Sena and TMC follow, Report suggest that 48 MPs face rape charges
- Big day in Naroda Patiya case, Gujarat HC to pronounce verdict
- Ahead of Karnataka elections, complaint registered against Sanjay Patil, BJP MLA booked for inciting hate, polarising votes
YC leader Shuhaib’s kin to fast for CBI probe into murder
Covai Post Network
February 27, 2018
Kochi: Slained Youth Congress leader Shuhaib’s kin are going to observe fast until a CBI probe is ordered into his murder by suspected CPM activists.
Former Congress MP K Sudhakaran is on fast at Kannur making the same demand. Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan had ruled out in the Assembly a CBI probe stating that the State police was already looking into the matter in a proper manner.
Police had arrested a few CPM activists who confessed to committing the crime under a directive from CPM local leaders. There was widespread demand for a CBI probe to bring out the real conspirator.
Political rivals of CPM claim that those arrested were blaming local leaders to save top leadership. Shuhaib’s father CP Mohammad said the family wanted to know the truth behind the brutal killing, adding that the police investigation was biased.