21 Apr 2018, Edition - 1012, Saturday
- The IMF in the latest World Economic Outlook (WEO) has projected India to grow at 7.4 per cent in 2018 and 7.8 per cent in 2019
- The proposal demanded death penalty to those raping a child of below 12 years of rape
- ‘If you can rape then you can’t be a juvenile, I am in favour of this’, says Subramanian Swamy, MP, BJP on PM’s cabinet meeting agenda
- Mattis has welcomed Japan’s plan to review its National Defence Program Guidelines by year end
- EXCLUSIVE: Massive protest by Dalit group, thousands protest over the dilution of SC/ST Act, blocks T.N-Karnataka highway
- 1993 Bombay blast accused’s Parole rejected, Abu Salem’s Parole rejected by jail authorities, Abu Salem sought Parole to get married
Kiran Bedi honours Grade 2 boy, makes him sit in her chair
Covai Post Network
December 15, 2017
In a rare and heart-warming gesture, Puducherry Lt Governor Kiran Bedi, Lt.Governor of Puducherry made a Grade II boy to sit in her chair to honour him for his international achievements.R Rackshn, of Acharia Bala Shiksha Mandir in Puducherry, was the topper internationally in the English curriculum section of the seventh edition of Science Olympiad Foundation (2016-2017). He was then in Grade I.
Rackshn won this ranking by competing with millions of students from 1,400 cities in India, besides those from 25 countries. As a gesture of honour, Kiran Bedi made him to sit in her office chair.