20 Apr 2018, Edition - 1011, Friday
- 2G Case: Delhi HC notice to Essar group, others, seeks response on CBI’s plea challenging acquittal
- Sources: DMK non-committal on CJI impeachment, DMK says no graft charge against CJI
- Maya Kodnani has been acquitted in the Naroda Patiya case by the Gujarat High Court
- Report incriminates lawmakers, BJP leads, Shiv Sena and TMC follow, Report suggest that 48 MPs face rape charges
- Big day in Naroda Patiya case, Gujarat HC to pronounce verdict
- Ahead of Karnataka elections, complaint registered against Sanjay Patil, BJP MLA booked for inciting hate, polarising votes
- Unnao BJP MLA’s security withdrawn, Kuldeep Sengar’s security revoked, CBI continues to grill Sengar
- Crucial hearing in Purohit case, SC to hear Lt Col Purohit’s plea, plea seeking quashing of UAPA, Purohit wants terrorist tag dropped
- Class 10th students would get an extra 2 marks for the misprint in the CBSE Class 10th English Question Paper.
Spicejet passengers had a scare as aircraft had to make emergency landing at Chennai airport
Covai Post Network
February 8, 2018
Passenger aboard Spicejet SG 106 flight to Delhi had a scare after the aircraft made an emergency landing during the course of which its hydraulic gear also malfunctioned. The incident of Thursday afternoon blocked the main runway and threw the flight schedules haywire and delays of upto three hours to four hours were noticed.
When the flight was taking off from Chennai it had a tyre burst and was informed by air control tower to check. The pilot decided to return to Chennai and made an emergency landing in which the runway got damaged a little.
Resultingly the main runway was shutdown for repairs.
Airport authorities said luckily none of the passengers were injured and were in good health.
There were 199 passengers and crew aboard the flight when it made a U-turn and landed at Chennai airport.