25 Sep 2018, Edition - 1169, Tuesday
- Another big SC verdict tomorrow: Top court to decide if court proceedings should be live streamed
- SC’s Aadhaar judgement tomorrow
- PM Modi unable to answer our questions, says Congress President Rahul Gandhi
- NC accepts Junaid Mattu’s resignation
- National Conference spokesperson Junaid Azim Mattu resigns from party to contest civic polls from Srinagar
- ‘Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas’ is not only an electoral phrase. It is our way, says PM Modi
- Kerala Nun Rape Case: FIR filed against Missionaries of Jesus for revealing the identity of the victim
- BJP President Amit Shah addresses mega-rally in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- Court directs issue of notice in 19 year old murder case against UP CM Yogi Adityanath
- The country won’t be distracted by Rahul Gandhi’s shameless lie: Ravi Shankar Prasad, Union Law Minister
Spicejet passengers had a scare as aircraft had to make emergency landing at Chennai airport
Covai Post Network
February 8, 2018
Passenger aboard Spicejet SG 106 flight to Delhi had a scare after the aircraft made an emergency landing during the course of which its hydraulic gear also malfunctioned. The incident of Thursday afternoon blocked the main runway and threw the flight schedules haywire and delays of upto three hours to four hours were noticed.
When the flight was taking off from Chennai it had a tyre burst and was informed by air control tower to check. The pilot decided to return to Chennai and made an emergency landing in which the runway got damaged a little.
Resultingly the main runway was shutdown for repairs.
Airport authorities said luckily none of the passengers were injured and were in good health.
There were 199 passengers and crew aboard the flight when it made a U-turn and landed at Chennai airport.