18 Feb 2018, Edition - 950, Sunday
- UPA-Nirav link gets murkier; Resignation signed off by Former FM P. Chidambaram
- Pune couple becomes grandparents to twins born via surrogacy using dead son’s preserved semen
- Canada is a leading education destination for Indian students
- ‘SC judgement shouldn’t be politicised’, says Kamal Haasan on Cauvery verdict
- Trump administration officials have petitioned the US Supreme Court to take up the case
- Students should forget all the negativity they face during exams, says PM Modi
- Yoga synchronises the mind and the body, it is more than just physical exercise, says PM
- CM Siddaramaiah addresses the Karnataka Assembly after the Cauvery verdict
- PM Narendra Modi to hold ‘Pariksha Par Charcha’ today
- Tribal community in MP bans women from using mobile phones
Spicejet passengers had a scare as aircraft had to make emergency landing at Chennai airport
Covai Post Network
February 8, 2018
Passenger aboard Spicejet SG 106 flight to Delhi had a scare after the aircraft made an emergency landing during the course of which its hydraulic gear also malfunctioned. The incident of Thursday afternoon blocked the main runway and threw the flight schedules haywire and delays of upto three hours to four hours were noticed.
When the flight was taking off from Chennai it had a tyre burst and was informed by air control tower to check. The pilot decided to return to Chennai and made an emergency landing in which the runway got damaged a little.
Resultingly the main runway was shutdown for repairs.
Airport authorities said luckily none of the passengers were injured and were in good health.
There were 199 passengers and crew aboard the flight when it made a U-turn and landed at Chennai airport.