21 Jun 2018, Edition - 1073, Thursday
- Actor-turned-politician Kamal Haasan reaches 10 Janpath to meet former Congress President Sonia Gandhi
- Jammu & Kashmir Governor NN Vohra has appointed BVR Subrahmanyam as the new Chief Secretary of the state
- A commander-level meeting took place between India and Pakistan in Poonch
- There is no political interference in our work’, says General Bipin Rawat, Chief of Army Staff
- Update: The officer, who insulted the interfaith couple in Lucknow’s passport office, has been transferred
- RTI activist shot dead in Champaran, Bihar
2 women feared buried alive in well in Mettupalayam
Covai Post Network
December 23, 2017
It is feared that two women could be buried alive as loose soil of the sidewall of a well caved-in near Mettupalayam in the district, today.
According to police, Neena (30) and Anitha (21) were washing clothes near the well in Bujanganoor, some 40 km from here when the side of the well caved in and both fell 75 feet down along with the soil. Both were buried alive and there was 15 ft water making rescue operations difficult, police added.