23 Mar 2018, Edition - 983, Friday
- JNU protests turn ugly after police use water cannons to stop protesters
- RS results starts pouring in, Kumar Ketkar wins from Maharashtra
- RS polls UPDATE: Anil Baluni wins from Uttarakhand, Saroj Pandey wins from Chattisgarh. Counting resumes in Karnataka
- Australia has abolished the subclass 457 visa category popular among skilled overseas workers
- Amid Parliament ruckus, Anna Hazare returns to the National Capital and begins indefinite hunger strike today.
- In a major setback for the SP-BSP alliance, 3 independent MLAs pledge support to BJP in Uttar Pradesh Rajya Sabha elections
- 3 independent MLAs pledge support to BJP in Uttar Pradesh Rajya Sabha elections
- Patna: Denied stretcher, father carries the sick child in arms while kin hold the oxygen cylinder
- Thane CDR Case: Police to move SC to challenge the Bombay HC order of Rizwan Siddiqui’s release
- Opposition MLAs create ruckus after 20 AAP MLAs were allowed to sit inside the Delhi Assembly by the Speaker
2 women feared buried alive in well in Mettupalayam
Covai Post Network
December 23, 2017
It is feared that two women could be buried alive as loose soil of the sidewall of a well caved-in near Mettupalayam in the district, today.
According to police, Neena (30) and Anitha (21) were washing clothes near the well in Bujanganoor, some 40 km from here when the side of the well caved in and both fell 75 feet down along with the soil. Both were buried alive and there was 15 ft water making rescue operations difficult, police added.
Wind : 0.6 km/h
Humidity : 91%
Weather Layer by www.BlogoVoyage.fr