23 Mar 2018, Edition - 983, Friday
- JNU protests turn ugly after police use water cannons to stop protesters
- RS results starts pouring in, Kumar Ketkar wins from Maharashtra
- RS polls UPDATE: Anil Baluni wins from Uttarakhand, Saroj Pandey wins from Chattisgarh. Counting resumes in Karnataka
- Australia has abolished the subclass 457 visa category popular among skilled overseas workers
- Amid Parliament ruckus, Anna Hazare returns to the National Capital and begins indefinite hunger strike today.
- In a major setback for the SP-BSP alliance, 3 independent MLAs pledge support to BJP in Uttar Pradesh Rajya Sabha elections
- 3 independent MLAs pledge support to BJP in Uttar Pradesh Rajya Sabha elections
- Patna: Denied stretcher, father carries the sick child in arms while kin hold the oxygen cylinder
- Thane CDR Case: Police to move SC to challenge the Bombay HC order of Rizwan Siddiqui’s release
- Opposition MLAs create ruckus after 20 AAP MLAs were allowed to sit inside the Delhi Assembly by the Speaker
10-year-old boy among two drown in Pykara Dam
Covai Post Network
December 28, 2017
A 10-year-old boy and a woman, who attempted to rescue him, drowned in the Pykara Dam, some 22 km from here.
According to police, Rishikesh of nearby Arayatti had gone to play in the water released from the dam and suddenly fell into it. The woman, Shobha, in whose house Rishikesh had come for holidays, jumped into the water to rescue him. However, both drowned and died, they said.
Police, with the help of locals, fished out the bodies, which were sent for postmortem to the Government Hospital.
Wind : 0.6 km/h
Humidity : 91%
Weather Layer by www.BlogoVoyage.fr