24 Sep 2018, Edition - 1168, Monday
- J&K: 1 jawan martyred in Tangdhar encounter
- The Bishop was arrested after three days of interrogation on Friday
- EPS-OPS govt invites DMK President MK Stalin, Kanimozhi and TTV Dinakaran for MGR centenary celebrations on 30th Sep
- Kerala Nun Rape Case: Bishop Franco Mulakkal’s bail plea rejected as judicial custody has been extended till October 6th
- Commander Abhilash Tomy rescued
- Congress President Rahul Gandhi visits his LS Constituency Amethi
- 15-year old boy lynched in Tamil Nadu for alleged theft
- A team has been dispatched to the spot to probe the incident
- Allegedly, the bishop is involved in more cases of sexual harassment against women
- PM Modi inaugurates the Pakyong Airport near Gangtok, Sikkim
Anti-Dengue drive: Over Rs. 34 lakh fine collected
Covai Post Network
November 2, 2017
In its anti-dengue drive, the City Corporation has collected a fine of Rs. 34.38 lakh from those who violated the regulations at their premises.
The Corporation has been carrying out inspection across the city to identify the areas (where dengue larvae breeds) and taking action against those who violate the regulations, like not keeping their premises and water tanks clean.
As part of the drive across the five zones, the officials on Thursday imposed a fine of Rs. 85,000 from the violators, an official release said.
The Corporation has so far collected Rs. 34.38 lakh during such inspections over a period of time, the release added.