25 Jun 2018, Edition - 1077, Monday
- Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman is meeting J&K Governor NN Vohra
- Building collapsed in south Mumbai’s Pydhonie, NDRF teams has been put on alert, security measures are underway
- CBI moves SC against bail granted to Karti Chidambaram in INX media case by the High Court
- After Soz Book controversy, former PM Manmohan Singh to skip the book launch event
- SC agrees to hear plea by Subramanian Swamy to be heard in a PIL relating to ED investigation in the Aircel maxis case
- Engineer Rashid & others detained while they staged protest demanding action against Lal Singh
- Kashmir editors guild likely to take action, will file complaint against Lal Singh
- The Jammu & Kashmir police confirms that terrorists killed Shujaat Bhukari on Pakistan’s order
- Shujaat Bukhari was a marked man as he advocated for dialogue between India and Pakistan
Anti-Dengue drive: Over Rs. 34 lakh fine collected
Covai Post Network
November 2, 2017
In its anti-dengue drive, the City Corporation has collected a fine of Rs. 34.38 lakh from those who violated the regulations at their premises.
The Corporation has been carrying out inspection across the city to identify the areas (where dengue larvae breeds) and taking action against those who violate the regulations, like not keeping their premises and water tanks clean.
As part of the drive across the five zones, the officials on Thursday imposed a fine of Rs. 85,000 from the violators, an official release said.
The Corporation has so far collected Rs. 34.38 lakh during such inspections over a period of time, the release added.