18 Mar 2018, Edition - 978, Sunday
- The Congress and other political parties have been alleging that EVMs tampered during polls and demanding reintroduction of the ballot paper system of voting.
- J&K Minister Altaf Bukhari sings praises for Separatist Syed Ali Shah Geelani | Bukhari: Geelani is a very big leader and my stature is too small
- Pro-Khalistan terrorist convicted of killing former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh does not regreat his action, says his lawyer.
- MS Dhoni all praise for Nepal after it was granted ODI status by the International Cricket Council (ICC)
- Mohammed Shami issues clarification on wife’s ‘rape’ allegations
- According to reports, a Bangladesh player broke the glass while celebrating the team’s win over Sri Lanka in the T20I Nidahas Trophy tri-series.
- 43-year-old Tara had earlier confessed to his involvement in the assassination of Beant Singh in 1995.
- Delhi: NCB (Narcotics Control Bureau) busts big drug racket.
- 3 Bangladeshi nationals held in Pune | Arrested nationals said to have terror links | Accused have links with Al Qaeda affiliate | ATS to probe their terror links
- Modi and his associates allegedly defrauded Punjab National Bank of around Rs 13,000 crore through fraudulent LOUs of PNB
Awareness program by police in order to ensure safety during new year celebration
Covai Post Network
December 15, 2017
Coimbatore police hold meet on New Year eve celebration security issuesA large number of hotel owners and taxi divers participated in an awareness programme organised by the police in the city on Friday. It was aimed at ways to avoid fatal accidents and maintain law and order in the city during New Year eve celebrations.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) for Law and Order S Lakshmi and DCP for Traffic Sujithkumar gave guidelines and safety measures to the participants for safe New Year eve celebrations. Sujithkumar said that to ensure road safety and avoid fatal accidents, the motorists should stay away from drunken driving and performing bike stunts as part of celebrations which should not go beyond 12:30 am.Police special camps and ambulance services will be arranged in 25 major spots in the city.
Lakshmi said that due to awareness last year, there was no fatal accident in the city during the celebrations. Hotel owners should create awareness among their clients about drinking and should make alternative arrangements for driving them home. Also, parties should not be arranged near the swimming pool in hotels A strong police posse would be deployed that night to ensure safety of the people, especially women.