24 May 2018, Edition - 1045, Thursday
- 6 women officers of the Indian Navy, who successfully circumnavigated the globe on INSV Tarini met PM Modi
- Case has been filed against Kamal Haasan and Vaiko for violating Section 144
- Indian Air Force Cheetah helicopter crash-lands in Natha Top in Jammu and Kashmir
- NHRC takes cognizance of Tuticorin violence, issues notice to Tamil Nadu Chief Secretary and DGP
- The Madras High Court directed Vedanta to stop the construction of the second unit of Sterlite copper smelter plant
- Tamil Nadu government forms judicial commission to probe Tuticorin violence
- J&K: Grenade attack in Bijbehara as 7 civilians were injured
- MHA has sought a report from Tamil Nadu Government on the violence in Tuticorin
- Mudarai HC stays expansion of Sterlite copper smelter plan
- US President Donald Trump warned that his landmark summit with Kim Jong Un may not take place as planned
Flat owners protest against builder
Covai Post Network
September 3, 2016
Irked over the delay in completion of the project within the scheduled time, buyers of the Purva Bluemont apartments staged a demonstration in front of the project site in Singanallur here on Saturday.
More than 100 flat owners gathered in front of the site and claimed that the promoter had failed to hand over the flats in good conditions.
“The materials used are of sub standard quality. The construction is very bad and the promoter is refusing to provide the occupancy certificate,” an owner alleged.
“The promoter has not provided drinking water facility, electricity connection and not allotted car parks. He has not done property assessment too. Interior painting is not yet done. We have paid the full amount totalling to Rs. 70 to 80 lakhs per flat. The total is more than Rs. 300 crore,” said another owner.