23 Sep 2018, Edition - 1167, Sunday
- Prasad said that the Congress has forgotten Bofors, 2G, and 3G and now he has the audacity of questioning the PM
- Former Bishop Franco Mulakkal’s lawyer did not oppose custody
- ‘Now this fertilizer plant will be symbolic of our success’, says PM Modi
- PM Narendramodi lays foundation stone of Talcher Fertilizer Plant, addresses public meeting
- 3 SPOs killed in Valley, India calls off talks with Pakistan
- India third worst hit in world by terror, after Iraq and Afghanistan: US data
- CBI chief Alok Verma, special director Rakesh Asthana in ugly public spat
- Franco Mulakkal has been discharged from medical college
- Sources suggest that Bishop Franco Mulakkal is likely to be arrested today
- Terrorists abduct, kill three policemen in Kashmir
Former Bharathiar University students demand cancellation of appointments
Covai Post Network
February 5, 2018
COIMBATORE: Former students of Bharathiar University on Monday urged the District Collector to take steps to cancel the appointments made during the tenure of Vice-Chancellor A. Ganapathy, who was arrested on bribery charges.
In a memorandum to the Collector, they said that they have already petitioned a year ago to the Ministers and concerned Government officials about the irregularities in appointment of professors and also staff in this regard.
Ganapathy’s arrest has proved out charges and in view of this the appointments made by him should be immediately cancelled and appoint those on merit basis, they said.
Stringent action should be taken against those in HR department and also in Syndicate after carrying out detailed inquiry about their roles in the appointment, the memorandum said.