25 May 2018, Edition - 1046, Friday
- This will be the prime minister’s first official visit to Indonesia and his second official visit to Singapore
- The Sunanda Pushkar death case has been transferred to the Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate
- JUST IN: Sunanda Pushkar’s murder case adjourned to 28th May
- 3 days later, Tamil Nadu CM EPS surfaces, shocking: CM won’t condemn police firing, not a word for the Tuticorin victims
- Thirteen people were killed in the police firing in the two days of clashes
- Biennial elections to Maha Legislative Council results: BJP wins 2 seats, NCP 1
- Power supply of sterlite plant disconnected, T.N govt disconnects power supply, cut due to non compliance of rules
- Extortion threats to 12 U.P MLAs, demand: Pay up Rs 12 lakh each, Intel agencies begin probe
IOC hands over 160 toilets to Corporation
Covai Post Network
February 6, 2018
COIMBATORE: Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) handed over 160 toilets to the City Corporation on Tuesday.
IOC had constructed the toilets under the ‘Clean India” campaign, at a cost of Rs.19.20 lakh in wards 16 to 19.
The toilets were handed over to the Corporation Commissioner Dr. K Vijayakarthikeyan by IOC Regional Director R. Siddarthan at a function here.
Hailing IOC’s gesture, Vijayakarthikeyan said such initiatives with public private participation can certainly transform the city open defecation free.
Senior officials from Corporation and IOC were present.