25 Jun 2018, Edition - 1077, Monday
- Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman is meeting J&K Governor NN Vohra
- Building collapsed in south Mumbai’s Pydhonie, NDRF teams has been put on alert, security measures are underway
- CBI moves SC against bail granted to Karti Chidambaram in INX media case by the High Court
- After Soz Book controversy, former PM Manmohan Singh to skip the book launch event
- SC agrees to hear plea by Subramanian Swamy to be heard in a PIL relating to ED investigation in the Aircel maxis case
- Engineer Rashid & others detained while they staged protest demanding action against Lal Singh
- Kashmir editors guild likely to take action, will file complaint against Lal Singh
- The Jammu & Kashmir police confirms that terrorists killed Shujaat Bhukari on Pakistan’s order
- Shujaat Bukhari was a marked man as he advocated for dialogue between India and Pakistan
IT officials verifying Green Tea Estate papers in Nilgiris
Covai Post Network
November 14, 2017
Image credit : Illustrative Image
Ooty: Income Tax officials are carrying out verification of documents in Green Tea Estate in nearby Kotagiri in Nilgiris district, reportedly belonging to former Chief Minister Jayalalithaa and her aide V K Sasikala. This is the sixth day of the raid.
A five-member team was inside the estate verifying around 800 documents regarding purchase of the estate, police sources said..The raid team refused to speak to mediapersons who have been there over the last five days.
The estate, some 5 km from the Kodanadu Estate where Jayalalithaa used to visit twice in a year, was said to have been purchased by Jayalalithaa and Sasikala five years ago.