24 Sep 2018, Edition - 1168, Monday
- J&K: 1 jawan martyred in Tangdhar encounter
- The Bishop was arrested after three days of interrogation on Friday
- EPS-OPS govt invites DMK President MK Stalin, Kanimozhi and TTV Dinakaran for MGR centenary celebrations on 30th Sep
- Kerala Nun Rape Case: Bishop Franco Mulakkal’s bail plea rejected as judicial custody has been extended till October 6th
- Commander Abhilash Tomy rescued
- Congress President Rahul Gandhi visits his LS Constituency Amethi
- 15-year old boy lynched in Tamil Nadu for alleged theft
- A team has been dispatched to the spot to probe the incident
- Allegedly, the bishop is involved in more cases of sexual harassment against women
- PM Modi inaugurates the Pakyong Airport near Gangtok, Sikkim
IT officials verifying Green Tea Estate papers in Nilgiris
Covai Post Network
November 14, 2017
Image credit : Illustrative Image
Ooty: Income Tax officials are carrying out verification of documents in Green Tea Estate in nearby Kotagiri in Nilgiris district, reportedly belonging to former Chief Minister Jayalalithaa and her aide V K Sasikala. This is the sixth day of the raid.
A five-member team was inside the estate verifying around 800 documents regarding purchase of the estate, police sources said..The raid team refused to speak to mediapersons who have been there over the last five days.
The estate, some 5 km from the Kodanadu Estate where Jayalalithaa used to visit twice in a year, was said to have been purchased by Jayalalithaa and Sasikala five years ago.