17 Aug 2018, Edition - 1130, Friday
- Between 5,700 and 10,000 Catholic priests have been accused of sexual abuse in the United States
- People flock on the streets as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s mortal remains are being taken to BJP HQ
- Power supply to be suspended in parts of Chennai on August 17
- Former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee passes away at 93
- Jagat Prakash Nadda, Health Minister briefs media, says Atal Bihari Vajpayee still critical
- PM Modi leaves AIIMS, Delhi after visiting critical Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- I have cancelled my work to visit Atal Bihari Vajpayee today, Mamata Banerjee, West Bengal CM
- PM Modi reaches AIIMS as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee continues to remain critical
- BJP Chief Amit Shah and Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan reaches AIIMS, PM Modi expected shortly
- Congress president Rahul Gandhi reaches AIIMS as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee continues to remain critical
‘Jayakumar responsible for AIADMK defeat’
Covai Post Network
December 26, 2017
State Fisheries Minister D. Jayakumar is fully responsible for the defeat of AIADMK candidate E. Madhusoodanan in the RK Nagar by-poll, said Pugalendhi, a close confidante of T.T.V. Dinakaran said here on Tuesday. Talking to reporters, Pugalendhi, AIADMK Secretary for the Karnataka unit, said the DMK would have won the seat if Dinakaran had not contested.
“The just concluded by-poll has proved that Dinakaran is the most eligible person to lead the party. The ruling camp is ousting his loyalists from the party just to prevent exodus. Many people in the ruling camp are ready to back Dinakaran,” he said and added that nobody had the right to sack him as he was appointed by none other than former Chief Minister Jayalalithaa.