19 Mar 2018, Edition - 979, Monday
- J&K minister opposes anti-encroachment drive; J&K minister pelts stones during demolition drive
- All opportunities being diverted to Gujarat. Nothing is given for Maharashtra by the central govt, says MNS chief Raj Thackeray
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launches a direct hotline to the state CM’s office
- MNS workers vandalise shops, assault cabs in Vasai area, near Mumbai.
- After nothing was allocated in the Finance bill, I decided that TDP is not going to be in alliance with the NDA govt: AP CM Chandrababu Naidu
- Lok Sabha adjourned for the second time in two hours. Will be adjourned till Tuesday.
- Shyama Prasad Mukherjee’s name plate vandalised in Presidency University, Kolkata
- Supreme Court asks Centre to visit Rohingya refugee camps after lawyer filed PIL alleging human rights violations at the camps.
- Union Minister Jitendra Singh says there is nothing to fear if non-confidence motion is moved against the government.
- Morally, BJP govt has failed in fulfilling the promises made to the state of AP, says Congress party’s Renuka Chowdhury
‘Jayakumar responsible for AIADMK defeat’
Covai Post Network
December 26, 2017
State Fisheries Minister D. Jayakumar is fully responsible for the defeat of AIADMK candidate E. Madhusoodanan in the RK Nagar by-poll, said Pugalendhi, a close confidante of T.T.V. Dinakaran said here on Tuesday. Talking to reporters, Pugalendhi, AIADMK Secretary for the Karnataka unit, said the DMK would have won the seat if Dinakaran had not contested.
“The just concluded by-poll has proved that Dinakaran is the most eligible person to lead the party. The ruling camp is ousting his loyalists from the party just to prevent exodus. Many people in the ruling camp are ready to back Dinakaran,” he said and added that nobody had the right to sack him as he was appointed by none other than former Chief Minister Jayalalithaa.